Cat Lovers in Connecticut
Foxwoods Two Trees Inn, The Farmington Inn & Suites, Avon Old Farms Hotel, Green Acres B&B, and The Study at Yale are five unique and interesting hotels/motels in Connecticut that allow cats. The name of the establishment, the website link, and a description of the hotel/motel that describes the interesting or unique nature of it has been detailed below.
Foxwoods Two Trees Inn
- Foxwoods Two Trees Inn is located at 350 Trolley Line Boulevard in Mashantucket, Connecticut, and the contact number is 1-800-foxwoods or 1-800-369-9663.
- Cats are allowed, "and crated pets may be left in the room unattended. Treats are always available at the front desk, and there is a pet relief area with waste stations at the rear of the hotel."
- The pet friendly triple A Three Diamond Two Trees Inn is designed in the spirit of a stately country inn, and has been described as the quintessential country destination. It is hidden away in the quiet Connecticut forest, and boasts "220 standard rooms and 60 one bedroom suites, a heated indoor pool and a charming tavern to play pool, watch a little TV or sit by the fire and sip on crafted cocktails or cold beer to accompany a quick small bite."
- Their pet policy waiver can be viewed here. The policies apply to all canine and feline guests.
- While your cat is safe in the room, there are numerous activities for humans to enjoy that include hiking the scenic Pequot Trails, the Topgolf Swing Suite, and the HighFlyer Zipline which happens to be the biggest zipline in Connecticut, and the only zipline in America that launches from a 33-story hotel tower.
The Farmington Inn & Suites
- The Farmington Inn & Suites is located at 827 Farmington Ave, Farmington, Connecticut, and the contact number is (860) 677-2821 or Toll-free: (800) 648-9804.
- The Farmington Inn welcomes cats, and they may be left unattended. "There is a grassy area for pet relief on the property." There is also a charge of $20.00 per night with a maximum weight of pet not to exceed 80 pounds, which should not be an issue with most cats.
- It is located in the historic town of Farmington, Connecticut, which is about eleven miles from the city of Hartford.
- For the humans on the trip, there is free high-speed wireless internet access throughout the entire property. Guests are encouraged to savor a cup of coffee with a cookie in the lobby. There is a business center for those who insist on mixing work with pleasure.
- The surrounding area of Farmington Inn offers a variety of activities. While kitty relaxes in the room, humans can enjoy the day at Lake Compounce which is one of the oldest amusement parks in the country and located just slightly over 10 miles from the property, or they can explore the art at The Hill-Stead Museum, located one mile from the property.
- After a busy day, guests can enjoy Italian cuisine in the Piccolo Arancio restaurant, which is located next door.
- Reviews can be viewed here.
Avon Old Farms Hotel
- Avon Old Farms Hotel is located at 279 Avon Mountain Rd, Avon, Connecticut, and the contact number is (860) 677-1651 or Toll-free at (800) 836-4000.
- Avon Old Farms Hotel welcomes cats. However, only five Standard Rooms are pet friendly, so it is a good idea to call ahead and confirm availability.
- The hotel is a wonderful blend of historic country charm with today's modern amenities. It offers twenty acres of lush surroundings, along with an award-winning restaurant and easy access to attractions, including the Mark Twain House and for avid hikers, there is Talcott Mountain State Park where The Heublein Tower awaits at the top of the mountain.
- Amenities at the Avon Old Farms Hotel include gardens to wander through and enjoy complete with a wooden bridge and a stream, free wireless internet, a 24-hour fitness center and a large outdoor pool.
- A photo gallery can be viewed here.
Green Acres B&B
- Green Acres Bed and Breakfast is located at 444 Bushy Hill Rd, Simsbury, Connecticut and the contact number is (860) 217 1692.
- Cats are completely welcome here and there is no additional fee as long as the pet is less than 25 pounds. If kitty is well-behaved they may be left unattended in the room, and for added convenience, feeding and water bowls are available at the front desk. There is a designated grassy area on the property for pet relief.
- There are free-range hens that wander the property, and three small friendly laid back dogs that wander the property.
- A fully restored 18th century farmhouse, Green Acres is a perfect combination of an old residence but with all the modern amenities of a fine hotel. Whether sitting by the pool in the summer, or cozied up to the fireplace in winter; whether dining on the patio in good weather, or by the fire in the dining room when the days become cold, guests will feel at home and pampered. If privacy is preferred, room service is available. As they state on their website: "Stroll the gardens, swing in the hammock or play with the dogs and chickens. When you stay at Green Acres, our home is yours to enjoy as you choose."
- Rooms can be viewed here.
The Study at Yale
- The Study at Yale is located at 1157 Chapel Street in New Haven, Connecticut, and the contact number is 203-503-3900.
- Cats are welcome at The Study At Yale as they will allow one pet up to 25 lbs, for an additional fee of $75 per stay. Quiet, well-behaved kitties may be left in the room unattended. There is no pet relief area on the property, but New Haven Green Park is three blocks away.
- Located right in the center of Yale University’s vibrant Arts Campus in New Haven, The Study at Yale is a unique and bespoke hotel that boasts an additional penthouse space above the 7th floor that serves as an exclusive rooftop lounge for guests and special events showcasing panoramic views over the skyline of Yale’s campus.
- The hotel epitomizes refined minimalism with simple and elegant rooms. It's also home to excellent farm-to-table restaurant Heirloom.
- There’s a convenient lobby cafe for grabbing snacks and drinks, and to work those snacks off, they also have a fitness center. Upon arising, complimentary morning coffee awaits in the lobby with a cookie jar at the reception desk permanently filled with ginger nuts. The unfussy service is very good, and friendly.
- A photo gallery can be viewed here.