Case Studies - Intranet Refresh: SharePoint
While we could not find nor build any case study on companies that have successfully done an intranet refresh specifically using Microsoft's SharePoint; we have, however, pulled together available information to provide key findings: of the over 200,000 organizations that use SharePoint, some of them include Pfizer and Intel; lastly, some reasons why companies refresh their intranet range from the need for a new feel to the need to refine existing structure. Continue below for our useful findings and research approach.
- There are over 200,000 organizations that use SharePoint for intranet and other purposes. Some high-profile companies include Integrated Health, Pfizer, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, etc. Others include Hershey, Qantas, Coles, and Good Year.
- ScienceSoft and General Networks are some vendors that provide SharePoint intranet services to organizations. These intranet services include the design and redesign of powerful SharePoint intranet, all-inclusive SharePoint services, intranet refresh using SharePoint, among others.
- Some reasons organizations refresh their intranet could be to give it a brand new look or feel, to add new features or functionalities or strengthening the old ones or to refine the structure or framework.
- The benefits of refreshing an organization's intranet include more users, increased engagements, and greater interaction with the organization's leadership.
- The pricing for SharePoint ranges from SharePoint Online Plan 1, SharePoint Online Plan 2 to Office 365 Enterprise E3. SharePoint Online Plan 1 costs $5.00 user/month, SharePoint Online Plan 2 costs $10.00 user/month, and Office 365 Enterprise E3 costs $20.00 user/month.
We started by searching Microsoft's SharePoint website and community blog site for any case studies on companies that have successfully refreshed their intranet specifically using SharePoint; however, there was no information on any relevant case studies in its website. We could only find information related to some companies that use SharePoint such as NASCAR, Qantas, Coles, M&S, etc. and some pricing information but there was no data on any case study. We also tried to find any case study from industry publications and third-party media sources such as Technology Record, IT PRO, and ElevatePoint but found news articles pertaining to SharePoint, product launches, tutorials, and best practices. There was no mention of any case studies or information on companies that have refreshed their intranet using SharePoint. Furthermore, we discovered some third-party solutions and professional software developers such as General Networks and ScienceSoft that provide SharePoint intranet services. While they provide a section for sharing testimonies from clients, none of the testimonies gave any insight into refreshing any intranet.
Alternatively, we searched for companies that have refreshed or updated their digital workplaces since most of the solutions we found such as Igloo Software (including SharePoint) that provide intranet refreshing services do so as a broader digital workspace strategy. For these, we also looked through media sources and industry publications but found no relevant information. They only provided general information pertaining to the intranet, SharePoint, and digital workspaces.
In the absence of any pre-compiled case studies, we tried to synthesize. We attempted this by finding out some popular clients/companies that use Microsoft's SharePoint, and then, looking into some of them to see if they have revealed any information around them refreshing their intranets. To this end, we identified some popular ones by listing those provided in the Microsoft's website such as NASCAR, Qantas, Coles, and M&S and some high-profile companies provided by HG Data such as JP Morgan Chase, Intel, and Pfizer. Then, we looked into these companies to see if they have revealed any information around refreshing their intranet using SharePoint or any SharePoint-related news but found no relevant information.
In conclusion, we could not provide any case studies on companies that have successfully done an intranet refresh using SharePoint, the budget, goals and the duration during the exercise. This could be that the requested information is not available publicly yet.