Cannabis Vaping: Overview
The process of vaping weed involves heating cannabis flower or concentrates to a temperature that turns the active compounds (cannabinoids and terpenes) into vapor. Most vaporization devices are engineered to heat cannabis products just below the point of combustion, which ranges between 180 to 190 degrees Celsius. A more detailed overview has been given below.
Cannabis Vaping Overview
- The process of vaping weed involves heating cannabis flower or concentrates to a temperature that turns the active compounds (cannabinoids and terpenes) into vapor. Vaporization is a healthier alternative to smoking as it occurs at temperatures that do not allow the flower to combust, which releases harmful tar and carcinogens.
- Most vaporization devices are engineered to heat cannabis products just below the point of combustion, which ranges between 180 to 190 degrees Celsius. Compared to smoking, vaping cannabis increases the number of cannabis by-products that are activated, potentially bolstering health benefits for medical marijuana patients.
- Cannabis contains compounds such as cannabinoids and tetrahydrocannabinol. Tetrahydrocannabinol is the chemical in cannabis that gets people high. Vaping uses concentrated extracts or ground dry herb. Users can vape different forms of marijuana concentrates, such as wax, shatter, live resin, and hash oil, or in some cases, dried flower.
- Weed vaporizers come in various forms, but they all have a common purpose: to transform dry herb, wax, or THC oil into delicious clouds of vapor. Vaping weed is less harsh on your throat than smoking and produces less of an odor because it’s vapor and not smoke.
- Desktop vaporizers are typically the most efficient option for dry herb and wax. Still, if one is on the go, there are also some fantastic portable and pen-style vapes that provide true vaporization in clutch situations.
- The three main types are tabletop vaporizers, portable vaporizers, and vape or “hash oil” pens. Tabletop vaporizers are stationary temperature control units that require a solid surface upon which to sit. Tabletop vaporizers come in many varieties, but all include four main features.
- The four main features include, temperature dial to regulate the temperature, healing element that heats the flower or concentrates, a heating chamber where you put the flower or concentrates, and a mouthpiece attachment. They can be bought online or in dispensers stores.
- Here are the best dry herb vaporizers available based on years of research and testing. The best weed vape pen is Kandypens Special-K. The portable dry herb vaporizers are PAX 3and Mighty while the best desktop vaporizers are Volcano Hybrid and Vapir Rise.
- While dry herb vapes and wax vapes are designed to work with specific types of cannabis products, hybrid vaporizers like the PAX 3 offer consumers the best of both worlds — compatible with both flower and concentrates. Some brand examples include NJOY, Blu, Vuse, MarkTen, Logic, Vapin Plus, eGo, and Halo.
- In the case of disposable vape pens that come with a preloaded cartridge of cannabis oil, their prices will be contingent on the location it’s being sold, as the market can vary between different states. A regulated vape pen with half a gram of THC costs $55, compared with $25 or less on the street for an untested product.