Canadian Tabletop: Market Size
The global market size of tableware is projected to exceed USD47 billion by 2024. In Canada, the glass products manufacturing industry has acquired a revenue of $2 billion with a CAGR of 1.7% from 2014 to 2019. The total market value of home decor in Canada is estimated to be $10 billion.
TABLETOP PRODUCTS — CANADA
- Prevalence of glass dinnerware and tableware in the fine dining is growing at a steady pace which is expected to amplify in the upcoming years.
- High urbanized population across North America is driving the utilization of durable and attractive glassware products.
- Commercial channels account for glassware sales of 67.77% share in 2019.
- Glass products manufacturing industry in Canada has acquired a revenue of $2 billion with a CAGR of 1.7% from 2014 to 2019. There are 446 glass product manufacturers in Canada.
- Home décor is an estimated $10 billion industry in Canada. There are 3,800 home décor stores located across the country. The products are also sold by specialty boutiques, mass merchandisers, and online retailers.
- Home decor imports of Canada reached $2.9 billion in 2015 and are dominated by Asian suppliers, especially China (60% of imports) and the United States (20%). Working age Canadians (30 to 55 years old) make up the largest purchasing group in this sector with higher rates of home ownership, established families, and stable incomes.
- Majority of home décor imports are processed through an agent or distributor.
- Ceramics manufacturing industry in Canada is composed of producers of three distinct categories — pottery, kitchenware, and artwork.
- The market size of ceramics manufacturing industry in Canada is $47 million.
- Manufacturing cooking ware, China ware, earthenware, pottery or stoneware, manufacturing Decalcomania on china and glass for trade dishes and pottery has an average revenue of $189.5 thousand with a profit of 89.3%.
- In 2017 exports were valued to be $53.2 million while imports were $776.7 million.
Furniture and Home Furnishings
- In 2016, based on industry averages for SME's, furniture and home furnishings were valued at $773.7 thousand, with a profit of 74.7% where the net revenue was $790.1 million and total expenses were $17.3 billion.
- Analyzation of Provincial GDP growth to identify trends and the economic health of the industry for 2016 states that Yukon makes up 13% while Prince Edward Island makes up 11.6%.
Other Furniture-Related Product Manufacturing
- Household goods repair and maintenance, refinishing, and reupholstering is valued at $725.9 thousand, profitable by 81.5%.
- Analyzation of GDP growth to identify trends and the economic health of the industry for 2016 states that Alberta takes up 5.9% while Saskatchewan takes up 5.9%.
- Other Values — Net revenue $95.8 million, Shipments $1.2 billion, Value added $555.2 million.
- 2017 trade information on imports and exports — Exports $74.5 million and Imports $366.5 million.
Household and Institutional Furniture
- Household and Institutional Furniture manufacturing is estimated to be $518.1 thousand, profitable by 78.4%.
- Net revenue — $236.7 million, Shipments — $2.8 billion, and Value added — $1.5 billion.
- 2017 trade information on imports and exports — Exports $1.3 billion and Imports $3.9 billion.
- Total salary data for 2016 — $806.5 million.
Wood Kitchen Cabinet and Counter Top Manufacturing
- Wood Kitchen Cabinet and Counter Top Manufacturing — Net revenue $169.2 million, Shipments $3.7 billion, and Value added $2 billion.
- 2017 trade information on imports and exports — Exports $755.5 million and Imports $280.8 million.
Cutlery and Hand Tool Manufacturing
- Cutlery and Hand Tool Manufacturing Financial data for 2016 based on industry averages for SME's — Average revenue was $601.6 thousand, Profitable by 75.8%
- 2017 trade information on imports and exports — Exports $846.5 million and Imports $2.2 billion.
Hand Tool & Cutlery Manufacturing
- Hand Tool & Cutlery Manufacturing consumer products — Revenue $606 million, Annual Growth 2.1% (2014-2019), Employment 3,001, Businesses 256. Griffon and Stanley Black & Decker Inc. are the top players in Canada.
- The global market of Tableware is projected to exceed USD47 billion by 2024.
Daily — Gross Domestic Product, Income, and Expenditure
- Growth in household spending slowed to 0.1% in the second quarter, following a 0.7% increase in the first quarter. Outlays on durable goods fell 0.3%, largely as a result of a 1.4% decline in purchases of vehicles. Outlays on semi-durable goods slowed to 0.3%.
- Outlays on non-durable goods edged down 0.1%, after a 0.8% rise in the first quarter. Outlays on services rose 0.3%, after a 0.5% increase in the first quarter.
Household Cooking Appliances Market Size
- Global household cooking appliance market was valued at USD 80.74 billion in 2018 and is poised to progress at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2019 to 2025.
- The North American market captured a revenue share of over 30.0% in the global market in 2018. Some of the prominent companies operating in the market are Koninklijke Philips NV, LG Electronics, Whirlpool Corporation, AB Electrolux, and Haier Group.
Global Nonstick Cookware Market
- According to a report, the global nonstick cookware market accounted for USD 18,749 million in 2018 and is expected to reach around USD 25,591 million by 2026, at a CAGR of around 4% between 2019 and 2026.
- Key players operating in the global nonstick cookware market are Berndes, Scanpan, Le Creuset, Circulon, Calphalon, Moneta Cookware, Gibson Brands, Farberware Licensing, Anolon, Cuisinart, Tefal, All-Clad, Neoflam, and TTK Prestige.
Kitchenware Market Size
- Global kitchenware market size was valued at USD 56.8 billion in 2018 and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period. Economic growth in emerging countries and rapid urbanization are the primary factors driving the market.
- Offline segment dominated the market and accounted for more than 80.0% share of the overall revenue. Online segment is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.3% in the forecast period.
- Boffi, Scavolini S.p.a, Tupperware, Viners, Chasseur, Kenwood Limited, TTK Prestige Ltd., Miele, Whirlpool Corp., and Kitchenaid are some of the major market players in the industry.
- Cookware segment accounted for the leading share of more than 35.0% in 2018 and is expected to witness significant growth in the near future.
- Large population of consumer groups from India is shifting to North American countries such as Canada and U.S., which is impacting the demand for the product in the region, eventually fueling the global demand.
There is no data available in the public domain related to the total market size of tabletop products in Canada. However, we did find the market size of the segments of tabletop products. Also, some of the findings deal with the global market while the others deal with the Canadian market. Marketwatch, Globenewswire, Strategyr, marketresearchgazette, prnewswire, ibisworld, grandviewresearch, 24newswire, futuremarketinsights, Home decor industry, Dinnerware, Glassware, Cookware, Small Appliances, Table linens, Serveware industries, Statistics Canada, TFO Canada, Government of Canada, Canada census, and Canadaone are some of the sources we looked into to identify the required data.
Therefore, the market size of tabletop segments/products such as Dinnerware (e.g. plates, bowls), Cutlery (e.g. knives, forks, spoons, serving utensils), Table linens (e.g. placemats, tablecloths), Glassware (e.g. water glasses, juice glasses, pitchers), Barware (e.g. specialty cocktail glasses, cocktail shakers), Serveware (e.g. platters, serving bowls), Cookware (e.g. pots and pans), Small Appliances (e.g. coffee pots, toasters), Coffee and tea service (e.g. serving vessels, coffee mugs, tea cups) in Canada are identified and narrated in this study.