Canadian Brands - Successfully Marketing Their Canadian Identity and Clear Benefits
According to our research, 16 Canadian brands that have done a good job expressing they are Canadian while also communicating a clear product benefit and positioning story are Crown Royal, Padenero, Canada Goose, Modelline Hockey Socks, Walter Craft Caesar, Blue Notes, Distill Gallery, Pure Leaf Mapel from Canada, Molson Canadian Lager, Imagine Canada, Farm and Credit Canada, Ontario Seed Company, Berkey Canada, Maple Leaf Foods, and MADD Canada.
- Crown Royal expresses its Canadiana in its brand name.
- It was crafted as a gift for Queen Elizabeth and King George VI.
- Canadian Cookware is described as an iconic Canadian brand.
- Its products are advertised as designed in Canada.
- Some of Padenro's items are made with Canadian Signature Stainless Steel.
- Additionally, its products are "Made in Prince Edward Island, Canada."
- Canada Goose showcases its Canadiana in its brand name.
- It defines its product as a Canadian luxury.
MODELLINE HOCKEY SOCKS
- Modelline's logo is in classic red and blue signature colors.
- Its socks are designed and manufactured in Toronto, Canada.
- Modelline claims to provide high quality Canadian socks.
WALTER CRAFT CAESAR
- Walter Craft Caesar is known as a Canadian classic that is proudly constructed in Canada.
- It refers to its product as Canada's cocktail.
- BlueNotes states that it is a proud Canadian company.
- The company logo states that their clothing line is a well crafted Canadian design.(Source 10)
- On its website, Distill Gallery states, "Established in 2003, DISTILL shows well-crafted and curated Canadian made designs, ethical and sustainable fashions, distinct jewellery and home decor objects reflecting contemporary material and visual culture."
PURE MAPLE FROM CANADA
- Pure Maple's Canadiana is expressed in its brand name.
- The taste is a result of the cold Canadian weather.
MOLSON CANADIAN LAGER
- Molson Canadian Lager's Canadiana is displayed in its name.
- Its ingredients include Canadian water and prairie barley.
- The charity's name shows that it is Canadian.
- Its logo contains the statement: "Strong Charities. Strong Communities."
- According to Imagine Canada's website, it is a Canadian charitable organization that focuses on charities in Canada.
FARM CREDIT CANADA
- Farm Credit Canada flourishes its name boldly as a Canadian company and serves as the top agriculture lender in the nation.
- Farm Credit Canada boastfully states that the company breathes and lives Canadian agri-food, agribusiness, and agriculture.
ONTARIO SEED COMPANY (OSC)
- The Ontario Seed Company expresses its Canadiana in its name.
- It is a Canadian seed company proudly assisting farmers in Canada and the agricultural industry.
- OSC is proud to have been operating in the business of supplying products to gardeners in Canada for around 125 years.
- Berkey Canada displays its brand name in the colors red and white.
- On its website, Berkey Canada states, "Our passion is to make available the means for all Canadians to have the cleanest, freshest, and purest drinking water available anywhere."
- Berkey is a water filter company that states it is a proud Canadian company from coast-to-coast.
- The Canada Company's logo is a seal adorned with the brand name, along with two maple leaves on the sides and a larger maple leaf in the center as two swords cross with the letter C at their meeting point.
- The Canada Company provides support to the veterans of the Canadian military through recognition of their service and education and exchange of knowledge throughout communities.
MAPLE LEAF FOODS
- Maple Leaf Foods is a protein food manufacturer in Canada, proudly displaying a logo of a maple leaf above its name.
- On its official website, Maple Leaf Foods states that during its storied history, it has readjusted itself to better satisfy Canada's, as well as the rest of the world, elaborate palette.
- The MADD logo has a maple leaf at the far top left, displaying is Canadian pride.
- As stated on the company website, "Each year MADD Canada offers our services to 20,000 victims and survivors across Canada."
- MADD, or Mothers Against Drunk Driving, is a charitable organization dedicated to saving lives through advocacy against impaired driving.