Canadia Private Equity Firm Competitive Landscape-Part 1
A competitive analysis of Hellman & Friedman, TPG Capital, and Abacus Private Equity Group, including their websites, funds raised, investing areas of specialty, executive and manager positions, and portfolio companies are contained in rows 4 to 6 of the attached spreadsheet.
Hellman & Friedman
- Hellman & Friedman is a private equity firm that is targeting extensive private equity investments in top quality and other growing enterprises.
- The company has raised $26.9 billion in 2 rounds of funding and has portfolio companies such as Abra, Activant, Advanstar Communications, Applied, Catalina, Elucian, and Digita.
- Some company executives and managers include Judd Sher, the chief financial officer, and Tarim Wasim & Allen Thorpe as the managing directors.
- TPG Capital is a private equity firm that specializes in private and public equity and private credit establishments, which includes consumers & retails, financial services, healthcare, industrials, and internet & digital media.
- The company has raised $35.8 billion in 9 rounds of funding and has portfolio companies such as 8990 Holdings Inc., A&O, Access, Adare Pharmaceuticals, Advantek, Advent, and Airbnb.
- Some company executives and managers include Sanghoon Lee, the head of investment activities, and Puneet Bhatia & Matthew Hobart as the managing directors.
Hillcore Group (Acquired Abacus Private Equity Group)
- Hillcore Group is a private equity firm that specializes in life sciences, real estate, financial, industrial, seniors living, and energy sectors.
- Some portfolio companies of Hillcore Group include BlockCerts Blockchain, Lakeside Pacific Forest products, and Panels & Pipes.
- Some company executives and managers include Jean-Marc Bougie, the chief executive officer, and Michael Doner & Gene Gomes as the managing directors.
To provide a competitive landscape of Hellman & Friedman, TPG Capital, and Abacus Private Equity Group, we searched through the company websites for information regarding their investing area of specialty, executive and manager positions, and portfolio companies while we leveraged the funding information available from Crunchbase. Unfortunately, we were unable to find the exact funds raised by the Abacus Private Equity Group. An in-depth search revealed that Hillcore Group fully acquired the private equity firm in 2012 and so, does not run an independent leadership or activities aside from the parent company. We have provided the available information about Hillcore Group above.
We were unable to identify the total funds raised by Hillcore Group. To find this amount, we searched through the company website for form 10K, financial and reports, and press releases. Our search revealed that Hillcore Group is a privately held company and is under no obligation to publish its financial dealings. Most of the information available on the company website was about the Hillcore groups, teams, investment portfolio, acquisitions, and expansion plans.
Next, we conducted an extensive search on news media sites such as Forbes, Business Insider, and Financial Times, to find information on the total funds raised by the company. However, there was no information available on the fund amount as most data-focused only on their investments to other companies, and their investments return. We also looked into Canada specific websites, such as CBC News, and Canadian Business, to find the missing information.
Lastly, we looked into company databases such as Hoovers, CB Insight, Pitchbook, Bloomberg, and Crunchbase for the fund amount. Even though these websites contain information such as income, investments, and portfolios, we were not able to find any information related to the funding amount. Therefore, we concluded that the missing information about Hillcore Group is not available in the public domain.