- Ashford Lodge Campground is 43 minutes (23.8 miles) away from the Paradise Ranger Station in Ashford and at the base of Mt. Rainier. The campground has 5 camping spots that can be booked online through the Hipcamp website. A fee of $25 is charged per night for 4 guests.
- The Mineral Lake Lions Den Campground is a 12 acre, 129-site lakeside campground situated about 58 minutes (36.6 miles) from the Paradise Ranger Station. Reservation can be made via the booking website: https://campspot.com/book/minerallakelionsden, for a base rate of $35 per day (for tent). A $2 processing fee is charged for all reservations.
- Mountain View Tent Camping is near Mount Rainier National Park and only 42 minutes (23.1 miles) from the Paradise Ranger Station, Ashford. Any of the 3 sites can be booked online on the campsite’s page, on Hipcamp website. A night at this site costs an average of $50 for 4 guests.
This report provides campsite options for July 8th that are within an hour drive of the Paradise Ranger Station in Ashford, Washington. The description, pricing, and a link to the campgrounds listed have been provided below.
Lions Den Campground
- The Mineral Lake Lions Den Campground is owned and operated by the Mineral Lake Lions Club. The 12 acres, 129-site lakeside campground is situated on the south shore of Mineral Lake. All reservations must be made online.
- Mineral Lake Lions Den Campground is about 58 minutes (36.6 miles) from the Paradise Ranger Station in Ashford, via Paradise Rd E and WA-706.
- Reservation can be made on the booking website: https://campspot.com/book/minerallakelionsden
- The base rate for tents is $35 per day. All reservations require a $2 processing fee. Payment is expected in full at time of booking, through Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Cash or checks are not accepted.
- Rates are based on 4 persons per site. Most tent sites permit 2 tents and 1 vehicle. A vehicle pass will be given at the time of check in and must be visibly displayed in the vehicle. There is an extra $5 per person up to 2 people maximum per campsite, i.e. a maximum of 6 people are allowed per campsite overnight.
- Check in is after 3:00 PM on the day of arrival, while check out time is 12:00 PM. Staying past check out time automatically attracts a $20.00 charge. If found on the campsite by 1:00 PM you will be charged for an additional day.
Ashford Lodge Campground
- Located at the edge of Ashford, close to the base of Mt. Rainier and just 6 miles from the national park entrance, is this small campground. With 5 camping spots, the campsites are situated on a 1.5-acre pasture that is surrounded by giant cherry, fir, and alder trees. Ashford Lodge Campground is about 43 minutes (23.8 miles) away from the Paradise Ranger Station through the Paradise Rd E and WA-706.
- Sites 1 and 5 have partial shade, Site 2 is directly under the cherry tree and is the shadiest, Sites 3 and 4 have full sun almost all day. Switching sites after booking is not allowed, it is advisable to view the site photos and property map before booking. All sites have partial views of the hills across the valley, and there is a large grassy common area for playing with kids or dogs.
- Located off the major road, some traffic noise is expected, though it is relatively peaceful, particularly in the mornings and evenings. The entrance to the campground is quite narrow, a total vehicle length of 30 ft is recommended. The campground is wheelchair accessible.
- Reservation can be made instantly on the campsite’s page on the Hipcamp booking website. Currently, there is availability for July 8 - 14.
- Pricing: $25 per night (4 guests). Up to 4 guests and 1 vehicle are allowed per site. Check in is after 1PM, while check out is before 12PM.
Mountain View Tent Camping
- Located close to Mount Rainier National Park and Ike Kinswa State Park, the Mountain View Tent Camping is only 42 minutes (23.1 miles) from the Paradise Ranger Station in Ashford, via Paradise Rd E.
- The site is a large open space for pitching tents. There are 3 sites and each one allows a maximum of 8 guests and 2 vehicles. The location is wheelchair accessible. Picnic tables, campfire, restroom facilities and studio barn with fridge and basic cooking facilities are available.
- Online reservation can be made through Hipcamp website, on the campsite’s page. Currently, one of the sites is available for booking on July 8.
- Pricing: $50 average per night (4 guests). Guests are allowed to check in after 3PM and check out before 12PM.
For this research on Campsite Research, we leveraged the most reputable sources of information that were available in the public domain, including Hipcamp, Mineral Lake Lions Club website, and Google Maps.