Business summary of Newen
TF1 is a French television company that was launched in 1935. Gilles Pelisson currently serves as the chairman and chief executive officer of the company
- TF1 is a French television company that was launched in 1935. The company is involved in television, film production, publishing, and social media services.
- According to Pitchbook, TF1 is a publicly-owned company. The company headquarters is based in Boulogne, France.
- In 2019, the company recorded €2.337 billion ($2.572 billion) in annual revenue.
- Gilles Pelisson is the chairman and chief executive officer of TF1.
- Olivier Abecassis is the chief executive officer of Unify.
- Ara Aprikian is the company's executive vice president of content.
- Christine Bellin is the vice president of TF1. She is in charge of strategy, development, and transformation for the group.
- Arnaud Bosom serves as the executive vice president, human resources and corporate social responsibility (CSR) of the company.
- Maylis Çarçabal is the vice president of communication and brands.
- Jean-Michel Counillon serves as the company's general counsel.
- Philippe Denery is the executive vice president, finance and procurement.
- François Pellissier is a member of the company's executive committee and the executive chairman of TF1 Pub. He is in charge of sports and TF1 entertainment.
- Thierry Thuillier is the executive vice president of news.
Media scan and acquisitions
- In April 2019, TFI announced the acquisition of Aufeminin Group from Axel Springer. TF1 acquired 78.07% of the company at €39.47 ($43.45) per share.
- In 2018, TF1 acquired a majority stake in Gammned.
- In October 2018, TF1 completed a 100% acquisition of Doctissimo from the Lagardère Group.
- In 2016, TF1 announced the acquisition of a majority stake in MinuteBuzz.
- The company business lines are in broadcasting, production, and digital services.
- The company's production services offer audiovisual, music, and entertainment content.
- TF1's broadcasting service offers the company's TF1 channel and 5other free-to-air channels, theme channels, and a content platform.
- Through the digital business line, TF1 offers digital brand solutions & services, social e-commerce, and media brands.
Newen is a leading French producer and distributor of audiovisual content. The company has a catalog of more 5,000 hours of audiovisual content and programs.
Company ownership structure.
- Bibiane Gofroid is the current president of the Newen Group.
- Guillaume de Menthon is the chief executive officer of the company.
- Romain Bessi serves as the deputy chief executive officer of the Newen Group.
- Guillaume Thouret is the chief executive officer of the CAPA Group. He is also in charge of flow programs at Newen Group.
- Benoît Thevenet is the deputy chief executive officer of June 17 Media.
- The president of the Tuvalu Media Group is Taco Zimmerman.
- Malika Abdellaoui is the general manager at the Newen Distribution Group.
- Fanchon Giorda is the director of Newen Group development and flow programs.
- Anna Pugacewicz is the chief executive officer in charge of finance, purchasing, and information systems.
- Gabrielle Badoy currently serves as the human resource director at Newen Group. She is also in charge of internal communications.
- Eric Jacquot is the president of the Blue Spirit Group.
- Ludivine Svaldi is the company's communications director.
- Maurits Lemmens serves as the president of De Mensen Group.
- Raf Uten is the president and creative director of De Mensen Group.
- The president of the Nimbus Group is Birgitte Hald
- Bo Ehrhardt also holds the position of the Nimbus Group president.
- Rodolphe Buet currently serves as the Newen distribution director.
- Tom Berry is the president of Reel One Entertainment.
- Emilie Maarek is the company's legal director.
Merger and acquisitions
- In a bid to improve its international presence, the Newen Group acquired a majority stake in an independent company in the Netherlands called the Tuvalu Media Group In February 2017.
- In August 2018, the company acquired a 60% controlling stake in Pupkin.
- The company also acquired a Danish production studio called Nimbus in August 2018.
- In 2019, Newen Group acquired a 60% majority stake in De Mensen, a Belgium production company.
- In July 2019, Newen Group acquired a controlling stake in a Canadian production and distribution company called Reel One Entertainment.
Challenges currently facing the company
- The company is facing challenges in developing an international footprint. In 2017, the company invested about $54 million in the UK market with little return in investment (ROI).
- In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Rodolphe Buet, the head of distribution at Newen stated that the company's biggest challenge in the global market is " attracting new talent so that the company can be able to meet the demand from traditional partners and new players." He also noted that the company " needs to develop talent and bring a new generation of writers, showrunners, actors and even consider new types of talent" to be able to compete in the global market.
- The strong regulation of the French TV market is also a challenge that is facing the company.
- In a recent interview, Gilles Pélisson, the chief executive officer of TF1 Group (the group that holds a 70% majority stake in Newen Group) noted that the regulations of the French TV market which "forbids some territories and ultimately limits its growth" has made the French TV market to lag behind the Germany, Italy, and the United Kingdom TV markets.
- Newen is a leading French producer and distributor of audiovisual content.
- The company offers content such as animations, documentaries, prime-time drama or major series, fiction, and non-scripted entertainment or news magazines on its channels or digital platforms.
- The company has a catalog of more 5,000 hours of audiovisual content and programs.