Chris Pappas or Christopher J. Pappas is known for being the President and CEO of the company since 2001 with a degree major in mechanical engineering from the University of Texas. Pappas currently has over 40 years of experience in operational management and is currently co-managing the successful Pappas Restaurants with his brothers Harris and Gregory Pappas.
Past Educational History
- Christopher J. Pappas has a degree in mechanical engineering from The University of Texas at Austin, Texas.
- Chris Pappas earned his degree in 1970.
- In an early age, Chris paid his education by working as a door-to-door bookseller in 1875 for Southwestern Company, a direct marketing sales company that hires students to sell educational books, software and website subscriptions.
- In his early stages, Chris had the potential and skills inclined with mechanical systems that led him taking mechanical engineering major.
- After graduating in 1970, IBM hired Chris Pappas as mechanical engineer of the Office Products Division where he was trained to refine IBM's earliest word processors.
- In 1974, Pappas left IBM and worked with one of their family-owned restaurants. There he gained his knowledge and skills about the restaurant business from scratch.
- In 1976, Chris and his brothers, Harris and Gregory, opened a restaurant named "The Strawberry Patch". Pappas brothers were able to expand to 9 restaurant brands, and some of them are Pappasito’s,
Pappadeaux, Pappas Bar-B-Q, and Pappas Bros.
- Chris Pappas' mechanical engineering skills were useful in his restaurant business from restaurant layout, equipment to kitchen designs. Through his expertise, the business was able to provide kitchen design services and equipment to different organizations such as Boy Scouts of America, YMCA, Houston Food Bank, Star of
Hope, Kids Meals, the Houston, Greek Orthodox Church, etc.
- In 2001, Pappas was appointed as the president and CEO of lubys and in the process also joined the executive committee.
- In 2005, Chris Pappas was elected as one of Amegy Bank's board of directors.
- Chris Pappas was also part of Greater Houston Partnership as the board of directors and Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management at the University of Houston as member of Dean's advisory board.
- He was also the board of directors for the National Restaurant Association, the Texas Restaurant Association, and the Greater Houston Restaurant Association and member of Houston Food Bank’s Capital Campaign Committee as well.
- Chris Pappas currently has over 40 years of experience in operational management and is still the President and CEO at Luby's.
HOBBIES AND INTEREST
- Chris Pappas, as a kid loves to build go-karts and motorbikes with his brothers, Harry and Gregory.
- The Pappas brothers were able to restore a 1931 model "A" Ford which they have used to drive to school.
- Pappas eagerness with mechanical systems was believed to be the reason why he took mechanical engineering that has contributed to his successful career.
- Chris Pappas still lives in Houston, Texas with his wife, Maria Pappas. They have five children that are now part of their family business.
- Chris Pappas lived with the quote "If it is to be, it is up to me." by William Johnson. It was written on their bedroom mirrors.
- According to Wallmine, Pappas net worth as of 2018 was $9.03 million, and he owns 75,000 units of Luby's stocks worth over $8.5 million. As a President, Chief Executive Officer, and Director at Luby's, Pappas earns $484,008.
- Christopher Pappas is 70 years old, and his mailing address is 13111 NW Freeway, Suite 600, Houston, TX, 77040.
We were unable to provide the current hobbies & interests and social media profile links of Chris Pappas. However, we were able to provide some personal and professional profile of Chris Pappas, such as past educational history, professional history, early hobbies & interests.
We also provided other information that might be helpful with the client's project.
To find the requested information, we tried to look for direct data about Chris Pappas' current hobbies & interest and social media profile links through pre-compiled information. We were expecting to get this information on articles, news reports, journals, biographies, documentations, etc since Chris Pappas is well-known in the restaurant industry. Through our search with Forbes, Business Wire, Biography.com, Encyclopedia of World Biographies, etc we learned that details about Chris Pappas personal life are limited in public sites and available information was mostly about his professional history. We were not able to locate any information that could satisfy the requested information about Chris Pappas' current hobbies & interest and social media profile links.
Next, we tried to look from social media sites for the current hobbies & interests and social media profile links of Chris Pappas. We thought that through this strategy, we would be able to locate the information about Pappas' life outside work, and the links to the social media accounts. Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube may contain published content about Pappas' hobbies and interests outside work and this was we can be able to provide the social media profile links as well. Through our search, we found out that there were many Chris Pappas or Christoper Pappas accounts on these social media platforms. However, none of them was the Chris Pappas account we were looking for. We also looked at the possible people connected to the social media platform of Luby's, Inc. We were hoping that we will find people working currently with the company and find Chris Pappas profile. However, in this way, we were unable to locate his profile as well.
Lastly, we tried to refocus and use triangulation to come up with the requested information about Chris Pappas' current hobbies & interest and social media profile links. Since Chris Pappas was part of Greater Houston Partnership, Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management at University of Houston, National Restaurant Association, the Texas Restaurant Association, the Greater Houston Restaurant Association and Houston Food Bank’s Capital Campaign Committee, we were expecting that these organizations may have released information in which they highlighted Chris Pappas such as interviews, Pappas' as a guest speaker, as board of director (which includes his social media links), press releases, events, charity works, etc. We looked on this through organization sites and there we found out that there were some coverage articles about Pappas as a guest speaker, information about his charity works, press release statement form Luby's, and awarding events from different restaurants awards committee. We also learned that Pappas as a guest speaker gives advice to students about business life and he eventually shares his experiences with his listeners. He was also inducted as Texas Restaurant Association Hall of Honor by Texas A&M University and Mays College of Business. (https://mays.tamu.edu/news/tag/chris-pappas/). However, we were unable to find Chris Pappas' current hobbies & interest and social media profile links through these organizations. Also, we cannot assume that giving advises to students and sharing his life experiences is one of his hobbies & interest as we only found one coverage.we lack supporting data about this assumption.
While we did not find the information about the current hobbies & interests and social media profile links of Chris Pappas, we have provided data about the personal and professional profile of Chris Pappas such as past educational history, professional history, early hobbies & interests. We also provided other information that might be helpful with the client's project. We included it in our key findings due to lack of publicly available data for the current hobbies & interest and social media profile links of Chris Pappas.
In conclusion, we are presenting this as a partial client update as I have provided the personal and professional profile of Chris Pappas such as past educational history, professional history, early hobbies & interests and other information that might be helpful for the client's project. We have provided these in the Key Findings above.