Building Construction Software Technology: Case Studies
The selection of construction software delivers operational efficiencies and cost optimization opportunities for construction companies. Wright Contracting selection of Jonas Construction software delivered project management tools that delivered project collaboration organization processes streamlining opportunities. The Beck Group selection of Procore Management software delivered cost, labor and time savings in its construction projects.
- Founded in 2012, Wright Contracting was founded with a goal to provide construction services in residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial projects.
- The Knoxville metropolitan-based company faced difficulties from using non-user-friendly software that was not mobile-ready.
- Wright Contracting found a suitable technology vendor that met its needs in Jonas Construction Software. Jonas Construction Software provides accounting, job costing, equipment management, payroll management, contract change orders, procurement, and job scheduling construction software tools for use by general contractors, specialty contractors, home builders, and building design experts.
- Wright Contracting was attracted by the cloud-based, contract-free, and intuitive interface software functionalities. Wright Contracting's staff received training of Jonas Construction software in under three months. As such, Wright Contracting had limited down time during the software implementation period and was able to activate project management process improvements within the short term.
- With the software, Wright Contracting was able to streamline accounting, costing, billing and purchase ordering processes of project management. As such, Wright Contracting enhanced its project management efficiencies that significantly improved its contracting success.
- Jonas Construction software project data management tools have multi-user project support that has promoted collaboration by multiple professionals on projects at Wright Consulting. With collaboration, project teams can increase project success by drawing timely input from all team members in a supportive environment.
- Cloud support and online software updates have reduced software and operational downtime while boosting data security and organizational efficiency of Wright Consulting.
THE BECK GROUP
- Founded in 1912, the Beck Group's focus is on providing architecture, interior design, and construction services for residential and commercial building construction.
- The Atlanta based Beck Group faced significant tech challenges driven by their use of multiple tech software that often did not integrate successfully. It utilized software such as Newforma, BIM 360, and Box.com. Unfortunately, these software tools created redundant data silos in BIM 360. Additional, it scattered communication with the management resorting to using manual processes.
- The Beck Group sought an integrated construction project management software vendor. It selected Procore for its mobile-optimized and integrated construction management software. Procure delivers advanced pre-construction, project management, resource management, and financial management on one platform for property owners, general contractors, and specialty contractors.
- With Procore, the Beck Group automated drawing upload process that resulted in $100,000 in annual savings.
- Additionally, the Beck Group benefited from Procore's Robust Submittal Builder tool that saved 40 hours per register as well as Procore's Integrated Quality & Safety tools that provided 25% time savings.