Interview list of Bayview employers interested in local hire - Part One
In the attached spreadsheet, we have identified each of the companies and provided the information requested. Data requested that could not be located has been marked as not available or N/A.
1) Flora Grubb Gardens — The company provides garden planning and design. They also have a garden that is open for viewing by individuals or garden clubs. Flora has 3 positions open: display builder, nursery associate, and sales specialist.
2) Bay Natives — The company is a nursery with products including perennials, shrubs, trees, vines, grasses, ferns, bulbs, and annuals. It appears to have 3 employees but is looking for interns.
3) Good Eggs — Good Eggs is an innovative marketplace that assembles meals and delivers them to the customer's door. The company supports local food producers and sustainable farming. At this time, the company has over 70 employees and has 37 positions open.
4) Earl's Organic Produce — A distributor of organic fruits and vegetables, Earl's works to grow and promote partnerships with organic producers. They have 90 employees and have 2 positions open for delivery drivers and PM warehouse support.
5) The Hydroponic Connection — This is a 'grow' shop that provides all the supplies necessary to grow hydroponics. There are two locations, one in Berkeley and one in San Francisco. There are no links on the website to any available jobs and the last update was from April 2017.
6) Bi-Rite Catering and Commissary — Bi-Rite is a neighborhood market and catering company. The company also has a creamery and farms. They have 11 positions open including operations assistant, operations supervisor, cook, chef, sales associate, janitor, community and social responsibility manager, deli service manager, ice cream server, and cashier. Bi-Rite has a corporate social responsibility department and it helps support the Women's Building, NextCourse, La Cocina, and Kitchen Table Talks.
7) Bayview — Provides environmentally safe recycling and organic mulch/compost to customers. Additional information on company workforce, policies, or details was not located on the website.
8) Yvonne's Southern Sweets — The company makes and sells homemade southern sweets. Products include cakes, pies, cobblers, and cookies. The company has 4 stores that carry Yvonne's products and those are Good Eggs, All Good Pizza, Costano's Pizza Shop, and Friend to Friend Gift Shop.
9) Auntie April's- This is a restaurant in the Bayview district. April cooks Texas and Louisiana cuisine. She also provides catering services.
10) Butchertown Gourmet Marketplace and Gratta Wines- Gratta Wines is a wine tasting room in Butchertown Gourmet Marketplace. Butchertown does not have a website. Gratta was established in 2006 as a bonded winery.
In summary, we have identified company information for each of the 10 businesses listed requested. Our findings are in the attached spreadsheet.