William Morris Biography
William H. Morris, also known as Billy, is the CEO of BUBBA burger and its parent company, Hickory Foods. Morris graduated from Washington and Lee University in 1981 and has worked at Hickory Foods since 1988.
- Morris founded Hickory Foods in August 1988 and has worked there for more than 31 years.
- In 2000, Morris and Hickory Foods purchased BUBBA burger from its founder Walter Bubba Eaves.
- In 2012, Morris purchased another company in Jacksonville, FL, Peterbrooke Chocolatier, Inc. He changed the name to Peterbrooke Chocolate Co and operates the company under Hickory Foods, the parent company of BUBBA burger.
- Morris created another company under Hickory Foods in 2012 called BIG American Brands, LLC. The company's goal is to deliver BUBBA burger products to college campuses.
- In 2016, Morris and BUBBA burger partnered with Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach to expand the brand's reach and awareness across the country and in southern California specifically.
Social Media Profiles
- William "Billy" Morris on LinkedIn
- Billy Morris also has a duplicate profile on LinkedIn.
Articles About William Morris
- "Bubba Burger heading to college: Jacksonville-based Hickory Foods continues to develop products and markets" in Jax Daily Record
- "Bubba Burger owner buys Peterbrooke Chocolatier" in the Florida Times Union
- "BUBBA BURGER® Named Entitlement Sponsor Of IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar Championship At Long Beach" in Performance and Racing Teck Talk
- "BUBBA Branches Out" in The Columns, a Washington and Lee University publication
- "BUBBA BURGER HOPES TO HIT THE BIG TIME; Partners Plan to Expand Product beyond Its North Florida and Georgia Markets" in the Florida Times-Union
To find William Morris' educational background, the research team searched for his profile and biography on professional sites including LinkedIn and Crunchbase. Morris has a sparse profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn profiles are completed by the individual, so he has chosen not to share many details. This profile did show that Morris graduated from Washington and Lee University, but did not specify his degree. No other professional profiles or biographies were found, likely because BUBBA burger and its parent company Hickory Foods are privately held and not subject to the same reporting requirements as public companies.
Likewise, Morris lists his start date with Hickory Foods as the President and CEO of the company, but he has chosen not to list any prior work history. He started Hickory Foods only 7 years after graduating and has since spent more than 31 years with the company, which explains why prior information is not publicly listed. Hickory Foods purchased BUBBA burger in 2000.
Other than LinkedIn, we were unable to find any other personal or professional social media profiles. We searched the major social media channels including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for both William and Billy Morris. We also did searches that included his middle initial, H. We also checked the social media sites and business profiles on sites like Bloomberg for BUBBA burger to find any additional information or references for executives like William Morris. This did not yield any results.
The research team was able to rule out social media profiles for other William Morris' and Billy Morris' by their middle name or initial, location or work history. We did find one Twitter profile that we could not fully rule out, but based on the content, it is unlikely to be the profile of BUBBA burger's CEO, William Morris.
In order to find more details about Morris' history, including his work background, personal social media and personal details, we attempted to find any information about Morris' family such as a wife or children. This information may have provided insight into Morris' personal history and details such as hist interests or hobbies. A search of government sites and genealogy sites did not uncover any family information for William Morris. This information may be available for a fee.
Several articles are available that mention William Morris in his professional role as CEO of BUBBA burger and Hickory Foods. These articles do not make mention of Morris' history or personal life. No articles were found with William Morris listed as the author.
The research team also attempted to get additional information about Morris through his alma mater, Washington and Lee University. No records were available for free and online about members of the class of 1981. This is likely because this is before the time when the internet was widely available and the University has not added older records.