Bryan College Station Sports + Events
Leisure remains the number one activity that most visitors of Bryan College Station enjoy the most, including hobbies like site attractions, culture, family events, culinary arts, among others. Demographic data shows that in 2016, about 64.6% of visitors of Bryan College Station were married, 24.3% (never married), and 11.2% (divorced/widowed). To market the Bryan College Station Sports + Events brand, the organization collaborates with numerous media stakeholders and uses a combination of social media tools and strategies.
I. Psychographic Profile of Typical Visitors of Bryan College Station Sports + Events
Habits: Leisure Activity
- Historical data from 2014 through 2016 for Bryan College Station show that leisure activity is the number one reason why visitors come to the area.
- In 2016, the metropolitan area housed an estimated 7.9 million visitors, of which, 5.60 million came for leisure activities, versus 1.58 million visitors who came for business purposes.
- In 2016, non-vacation related activities, such as sports events, medical, personal leisure, celebrations, etc., accounted for 72.5% of all visits, while 7.4% were vacation related. On that note, total leisure activities and business activities accounted for 82.7%, and 17.3%, respectively, of all visitor, stays.
- According to research, visitors of Bryan College Station identify with many hobbies, including attractions, culture, family events, culinary arts, etc.
- Research data shows that 45.8% of the visitors prefer family/life events, 22.4% like libation and culinary, 20.7% opt for attractions, 18.5% are fans of culture-related hobbies, while 9.1% favor nature & outdoor sports.
- Generally, amateur sports attendance and participation attract 18.2% of the visitors, shopping 28.2%, culinary/dining experience 22.2%, and nightlife 2.2%.
- Visitors of Bryan College Station spend most of their money on entertainment (6.0%), food (28.3%), lodging (11.3%), miscellaneous (3.4%), and transport (31.1%).
- On average, visitors of Bryan College Station spent about $123.90 per day in 2016. Transportation accounted for $38.50, food $35.10, lodging $36.00, shopping $24.30, entertainment $7.40, and miscellaneous $4.30.
- Overall, visitors of Bryan College Station spent the most on transportation, specifically, airfare at $106.30, versus $39.30 for car rental.
- Visitors of Bryan College Station show a huge preference for specific values, including visiting friends or relatives, adventure, fun, pleasure, etc.
- Existing data shows that in 2016, approximately 36.7% of Bryan College Station tourists came to visit friends or relatives.
- About 2.8% of the visitors favored adventurous activities such as hiking, 7.5% visited national parks, 3.4% preferred beach/waterfront, and 1.4% opted for camping. Another 5.5% value volunteerism/charity services.
II. Demographic Profile of Typical Visitors of Bryan College Station Sports + Events
- In 2016, the average age of visitors to Bryan College Station was 46.8 years.
- 18-34 years comprised 18.7% of all visitors, while 35-49 years were 46.5% of all visitors.
- Likewise, those aged 50-64 years were 22.4% of all visitors, while seniors, 65+ years, accounted for 12.4% of the total visitor population.
- In 2016, the average household income of visitors to Bryan College Station was $109,306.
- 5.4% of the visitors were those earning less than $25,000
- 20.5% of the visitors earned from $25,000-$49,999.
- About 15.7% of the visitors' income was from $50,000-$74,999.
- 7.9% of the visitors earned from $75,000-$99,999.
- Overall, over 50.5% of the visitors had a household income of more than $100,000.
- Research findings show that in 2016, an estimated 64.6% of the visitors of Bryan College Station were married.
- On the other hand, 24.3% of the visitors fell in the 'never married' category.
- Only 11.2% of the visitors identified themselves as divorced/widowed.
- Employment statistics indicate that in 2016, about 78.6% of the visitors of Bryan College Station were employed.
- Equally, an estimated 15.2% of the visitors were retired.
- Lastly, 6.2% of the visitors were non-employed.
Children in Household
- According to the 2016 Texas Tourism Region and MSA Visitor Profile, approximately 30.5% of the visitors to Bryan College Station had children.
- On the other hand, about 69.5% of the visitors claimed they have no children.
III. Bryan College Station Sports + Events Digital Marketing Efforts
- Bryan College Station has published several creatives on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and its website.
- The company website also lists upcoming events and provides details regarding each event. For instance, on May 1, Bryan College Station Sports + Events will host the 2020 Budweiser Spring Softball Festival.
- Another creative example on Twitter regards the 'Texas 7on7 Championships' and includes a video showcasing Adidas merchandise. On Instagram, there is a creative about 'DIII College Championships' posted in May 2019.
- Bryan College Station Sports + Events positions itself as a sports facilities and events center that supports the Bryan College Station tourism industry through sporting activities and events.
- It also positions itself as the best town in Texas to live and enjoy fun & outdoor activities. Through sports and events activities, Bryan College Station Sports + Events seeks to strengthen the community's economic and social growth.
- It also prides on its professionalism, experience, and hospitality that it uses to nurture and promote enjoyable and memorable experiences for its athletes, spectators, and event organizers.
Following on Advertising Channels
- Bryan College Station Sports + Events followership across its advertising channels is not massive; for example, on Facebook, the organization has 1,671 likes, while 1,738 people follow their page.
- On Instagram, Bryan College Station Sports + Events has 169 followers and follows 121 individuals.
- Equally, on Twitter, the organization has 914 followers and follows 322 individuals.
Tactics used in Marketing and the Messaging
- Bryan College Station Sports + Events has a dedicated 'events' page on its website where it posts all information relating to upcoming events, their details, and requirements. The organization also contracts digital marketing agencies, and currently works with Fidelis. Moreover, it includes customer reviews on its website.
- On social media channels, Bryan College Station Sports + Events posts using a combination of imagery and video content to promote its brand. Some posts can feature words only but include hashtags regarding a particular activity or the organization's brand.
- Bryan College Station Sports + Events also has a blog integrated into the organization's website. The blog features rich reports and articles with in-depth information on various items, including trending topics like COVID-19.
- Overall, the organization also collaborates with magazines, newspapers, and radio & television stations that serve Brazos Valley by providing complementary media assistance services like on-site photography and press release distribution.
IV. What Attracts/Motivates Visitors to Attend Bryan College Station Sports + Events
Numerous Sporting and Events Facilities
- To attract visitors, Bryan College Station Sports + Events features several sports and events facilities, along with many things to do for individuals and families. In 2019, the organization hosted a total of 87 events.
- The organization's facilities can accommodate various sports, including baseball, basketball, BMX, equestrian, fencing, grappling, golf, football, rugby, soccer, swimming, tennis, and volleyball.
- Notable award-winning facilities include the Veterans Park & Athletic Complex, Ford Hall of Champions, and the Texas A&M Natatorium.
- Besides sporting activities and events, there are numerous attractions for Bryan College Station visitors.
- Notable attractions include agritourism, art galleries & museums, the George H. W. Bush presidential library & museum, colleges and universities, and the historic downtown Bryan.
- The area has all sorts of entertainment options like movie theaters, live music, nightlife, family fun, interactive games & activities, etc.
- Bryan College Station offers a broad range of shopping options focusing on different items from fashion apparel to unique treasures and keepsakes at ancient Downtown Bryan.
- Visitors can shop for fashion items at Post Oak Mall, clothing stores, retail and specialty shops, etc. Other shopping amenities in the area include grocery & pharmacy, sporting goods, Aggie goods, antique shops, etc.
- Bryan College Station delivers exciting shopping experiences for visitors who need supplies for their tours or are exploring to discover the locations of different stores, party supplies, special event stores, etc.
Affordable Hotels and Restaurants
- Bryan College Station offers many affordable hotels and restaurants providing diverse cuisines for the different visitors coming to the area. About 6,200 area hotel rooms are charging from $89-$139 per room.
- Visitors have a broad array of accommodation options to choose from, including a total of 56 (hotels, motels & inns), 27 vacation rentals, 19 RV parks, 11 bed & breakfasts, 10 extended stay, and two camping sites.
- Bryan College Station also prides in its top-rated food & drink joints. The top cuisines in the area include 82 American restaurants, 71 fast food outlets, 45 bars & wineries, and 43 Mexican restaurants.
V. What People Are Saying About the Organization
- An excerpt from a review by Cindy Cowart of Cowart Sports Events reads, "We appreciate all the assistance from their team, especially in setting up the hotel blocks and making sure that our staff were well-taken care of. The way that the cities of Bryan/College Station treat their events is none like any other!”
- Another positive review by Sam Lowe of the Great American Shootout reads, "...our weekend in Bryan College Station is always one of our favorites. From the down-home feel to the friendly and helpful staff and the ease of getting around BCS, it ranks as a favorite stop for the teams and fans who attend our events.”
- Enrique Luna from Bryan High School Softball says, "Everything was fantastic! The national crew left wowed by the hard work everybody put in to make it a success. The teams had nothing but great things to say about it..."
- One review of Aggieland Safari identified with a negative sentiment whereby the customer wrote, "Family adventure: We believe since it’s new, the animals don’t know to come to the car, like other Safari parks. Way more interaction at other safaris. Not worth the money to us..."
- Another visitor felt dissatisfied with the Olsen Field at Blue Bell Park and wrote a review that reads, "I don't like the general seating concept in general. We showed up, and it was very difficult to find a seat."
- A displeased customer regarding Bonfire Memorial left a review that read, "Would not bother: Blah, terrible carvings, no real tribute to the unnecessary and tragic deaths of the young people who died there. While I am glad there is some tribute to those young people, this isn't the correct, nor a moving tribute."
Extensive searches did not uncover data specific to the demographic and psychographic profile of visitors to Bryan College Station Sports + Events. Searches through the Bryan College Station Sports + Events, reports, press releases, blogs, along with the county and town government reports, did not feature psychographic data on the visitors to Bryan College Station Sports + Events. However, the most recent government report dubbed, "2016 Texas Tourism Region and MSA Visitor Profile," published in 2018, provided an analysis of the visitors to the twin cities of Bryan and College Station. In this regard, excerpts from the existing data have provided the necessary data points to create both the demographic and psychographic profiles of visitors to Bryan College Station Sports + Events. Importantly, to unearth the psychographic data, we examined various visitor behaviors, including data on their purposes of visit, activities, expenditure summary, etc. Through this approach, we managed to identify some values, hobbies, spending habits, and values of visitors to Bryan College Station Sports + Events.
Next, to discover details of Bryan College Station Sports + Events marketing efforts, we explored the company's website to identify marketing related activities and content. We examined the efforts the organization has put in place to market and advertise it to the world, which we found to include a blog, a dedicated event & media pages, and the homepage of the website. Moreover, we explored the company's social media platforms, in particular, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, to see how they market themselves to the outside world. In this regard, by combining both website and social media data, we managed to provide an overview of how the organization positions itself, the creatives it has published in the past, its followership on social media platforms, and its marketing tactics. Lastly, the customer reactions presented are a mix of reviews posted on Bryan College Station Sports + Events website, and those on TripAdvisor and Yelp.