Payment Platforms (1)
Loom and Momentum make use of Stripe as a means of payment while Peta Sittek extensions are offered payment and contribution free. Jason Savard makes use of varied payment platforms, including Google Pay, PayPal, Apple Pay, and Bitcoins.
- Loom makes use of Stripe as its payment portal.
- The platform enables Loom to "charge customer's credit card for paid services without having to store the credit card details or handle PCI compliance."
- Stripe, in turn, charges Loom an undisclosed percentage of their generated revenue for the services rendered.
- To ensure that no customer payment data is stored, Loom directly sends Stripe customer account details to perform the debit transaction. No billing/PCI information is directly operated by the company.
- When a customer closes his or her account or removes their credit card entry, all sensitive data associated with the customers' billing information is erased from Stripe's database.
- Similar to Loom, Momentum also uses Stripe as its payment portal.
- Customer data obtained by Stripe during payment is the necessary credit card information.
- According to Momentum, during payments, no customer data is directed through its server; instead, all payment information is directly sent to Stripe and is bound by Stripes privacy and security policies.
- For the case of a refund, change of payment information, and cancellation, authorized Momentum personnel are granted permission to view the related payment information in Stripe's databases.
- The piece of information made available to Momentum is limited to "billing name, billing address, postal code, the last four digits of the credit card(s), and credit card expiry date(s) while accessing subscription information via Stripe's payment dashboard." Also, this process is only authorized at the request of the customer.
- Peta Sittek is a serial developer and creator of multiple Chrome extensions, including Volume Master, Message Deleter for Slack, Webtime Tracker, Domain Blocker, Social Revealer, Social Meter, Domain Whitelist, Site Connector, and Timebox++.
- All of Peta Sittek's extensions are completely free and feature no ads. Sittek does not ask for any donation/contribution on his website or the separate chrome extension websites and, therefore, does not need a payment platform.
- Sittek’s most popular browser extension is the Volume Master, used by over 1 million users. The extension allows users to control the volume of each tab separately and could boost the volume by up to 600%.
- All of Jason Savard's extensions are free. To accept contributions, Jason Savard makes use of different payment platforms, namely, Google Pay, PayPal, credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, AliPay, Bitcoins, Patreon, and WeChat.
- Stripes also cover Google Pay and the credit and debit card payment processes for Jason Savard. Bitcoin payments are accepted and processed by Coinbase.
- Apple Pay users are required to scan payment QR code using their iOS device in order to authorize payment. Similarly, WeChat users are also required to scan a QR code through the WeChat application to authorize payment.
- For account/subscription cancellation, contributors who make payments through AliPay, Apple Pay, or Stripe are to use the cancel Stripe subscription form while contributors using PayPal are to remove Jason Savard from their Preapproved payments section by logging into PayPal.