ProoV - 2017
In 2017, prooV launched a new version of its platform, as well as prooV Red Cloud. It also established partnerships with Deloitte and Isracard, hired its first Chief Operating Officer, raised $14 million in Series B funding round, and won gold in Best of Biz Awards.
January 3: The First Edition of prooVday with Isracard
- On January 3, 2017, prooVday announced the conclusion of the first prooVday competition, done in partnership with Isracard.
- The contest was done in partnership with Isracard, one of the key financial services companies in Israel.
- The strategic collaboration allows Isracard to shorten the innovation process from two years to just two months.
- Out of over 200 startups that applied for the competition, 40 were selected and gained access to resources provided by prooV.
- The winners of the 2016 edition (which concluded at the beginning of 2017) were Seegnature, Rewire, and EZSave.
January 31: The Launch of prooV 2.0
- On January 31, 2017, prooV announced the improved version of its platform.
- The changes resulted from analyzing experiences of 100 enterprises and 500 startups and software vendors that used the platform.
- The upgrade is meant to eliminate common pain points communicated by companies that use the software.
- prooV 2.0 offers better communication options, an addition of a "Deploy" button, a new technology for front-end reactive programming, simplified user experience, and "opportunity marketplace" with more personalized recommendations for collaboration.
August 2: Series B Funding Round
- On August 2, 2017, prooV announced the results of its Series B funding round. They raised $14 million.
- The round was led by Helios Capital and Mangrove Capital. Two other investors were OurCrowd and Cerca Partners.
- Helios Capital joined the round, because, according to them, prooV facilitates developing innovations for startups and enterprises alike.
- Mangrove Capital believes that prooV makes Chief Information Officers' (CIOs) job easier. CIOs are essential for implementing emerging technologies, which is why it considers prooV a worthy investment.
- The company planned to use the funding to open a New York City location, "increase its operational footprint and headcount," and work on improving its platform's capabilities.
September 14: Appointing the First Chief Operating Officer
- On September 14, 2017, prooV appointed Yossi Ben Harosh as its first-ever Chief Operating Officer.
- It was announced that Harosh would be based in the Israel offices and focus on prooV's go-to-market and long-term growth strategies.
- Harosh has more than 25 years of senior executive experience. He worked in telecommunications, enterprise software and hardware companies.
- As of 2017, he was a board director of Mobile SmartCity Corp and the Israeli Chapter of the YPO.
November 15: Launch of prooV Red Cloud
- On November 15, 2017, prooV Red Cloud started to be immediately available for customers.
- The private cloud added a new capability to the company's offerings, allowing the simulation of cyber attacks on technologies in testing.
- Available simulations include phishing, malware, and persistent threats.
- With the new tool, prooV's customers can enhance the security of their technologies before they are brought to the market.
November 29: Gold in Best in Biz Awards 2017
- On November 29, 2017, it was announced that prooV won gold in Best in Biz Awards 2017.
- It won in the "Enterprise Product of the Year — Software" category.
- Overall, there were 65 categories and over 650 candidates, including public and private companies of various profiles and sizes.
- Best in Biz Awards is an independent business initiative. Winners are chosen by reporters and editors from key publications in North America.
- In 2017, the judges included representatives of Forbes, Accounting Today, AdWeek, Forbes, Entrepreneur, Media Post, Associated Press, Harvard Business Review, and Atlanta Tribune.
December 7: Second prooVday Competition with Isracard
- On December 7, 2017, prooV announced the winners of its second prooVday competition.
- The edition " focused on test-driving startup technologies" that enable a better shopping experience.
- 450 Israeli startups submitted applications, and 28 were chosen as finalists.
- The finalists received all the assistance needed to develop their proof-of-concept in two months.
- The competition had three winners: TapReason, OverAI, and Paid It, who got cash prizes.
- The closing event also featured industry experts, such as Ron Gura, Senior Vice President at WeWork, and Dorel Blitz, Head of Fintech at KPMG Israel.
December 11: Partnership with Deloitte
- On December 11, 2017, prooV announced a global strategic partnership with Deloitte.
- The companies launched a prooV-powered Cyber Lab for Deloitte's global clients, as an element of Deloitte's Innovation Tech Terminal.
- The lab helps to "execute PoCs quickly and assess new technologies against cyber threats before implementation."
- The first customer of the Cyber Lab, which was announced at the same time, was a Japanese insurance company, Sompo. It wanted to simulate cyber attacks on its new solutions.
We searched for major events from 2017 for prooV in the news section on the company's website. The section includes both all the press releases by prooV and links to media articles that mention the startup. Therefore, we assumed that it provides a comprehensive overview of the major events for prooV.
We looked through all the entries from 2017, starting from the one from January 2 and ending with the one from December 21. After excluding all the links to articles that described prooV and its platform, as well as various lists of innovative startups and announcements about conferences that included panelists from prooV, we found exactly eight events, which we provided above.