This report provides an overview of Peter Cannone's previous employers (UpCurve, ThriveHive, Springboard, and OnForce), including background on the company and notable acquisitions and investments that occurred while he was part of the management team. Updates on the status of his more recent employers are also provided.
- Peter Cannone served as CEO for UpCurve from July 2018 to April 2019.
- UpCurve assists businesses by assessing their pain points and providing guidance through software and technology solutions.
- On its website, UpCurve lists that it wholly owns ThriveHive, UpCurve Cloud, and W-Systems, and is invested in GoCo HR solutions.
- UpCurve was among the investors that funded $7 million for GoCo while Peter Cannone was CEO.
- Employee cuts at UpCurve are anticipated as a result of a pending merger with Gannett.
- UpCurve is currently listed as "permanently closed" on Google.
- Peter Cannone served as CEO for ThriveHive from November 2015 to December 2018.
- ThriveHive provides marketing services to small- and medium-sized businesses.
- While Cannone was with ThriveHive, it took on a new marketing management relationship with Associated Bodywork & Massage Professionals.
- Other partnerships created while Cannone was with ThriveHive include TeenLife and the American Society of Interior Designers.
- While Cannone was CEO at ThriveHive, it launched a free tool called ThriveHive Grader. The tool helps businesses create and maintain their Google My Business profile.
- While Cannone was CEO, ThriveHive acquired Closely, a Denver-based technology company known for designing Perch. Perch is a mobile app that aggregates business data.
- ThriveHive closed its office in Manchester, New Hampshire in 2019. Quincy, Boston, Las Vegas, and Denver are continuing operations for the time being. Additional employee cuts at ThriveHive are planned as a result of a pending merger with Gannett.
- Peter Cannone served as CEO, President, and Board Director for Springboard Education in America from April 2015 to October 2015.
- Springboard provides before and after school programs for children at the elementary and middle school level in schools across the country. The programs are designed using research to best amplify their impact.
- Springboard is registered as a Certified B Corporation, meaning it is committed to using business enterprise as a force for good.
- While Cannone was with Springboard, the company experienced record growth in the number of children participating in its programs.
- While Cannone was with Springboard, the company received an investment of an undisclosed amount from Bridges Ventures.
- Peter Cannone served as President and CEO of OnForce from January 2007 to November 2014.
- OnForce is a freelance management company that connects professional freelancers with companies in need of their expertise.
- While Cannone was with OnForce, the company had three aims: lower the cost of labor delivery, guarantee labor quality, and mitigate risks in taking on new personnel.
- Approximately 1,000 independent contractors signed up each month through OnForce during Cannone's time with the company.
- While Cannone was with OnForce, the company merged with Beeline, a company specializing in software management solutions for the workforce. Cannone left OnForce a few months later for unknown reasons.