Etteplan Strengths and Weaknesses
Etteplan offers a wide range of products, from engineering to digital solutions, and one of the company's many strengths is its expanding presence in China.
- Etteplan offers customers efficient engineering services that is "based on the principle of continuous development."
- Its engineering services include cost reduction projects, industrial 3D printing, machinery and product safety, simulation technologies, and strength calculations.
- Etteplan utilizes its big-picture expertise to develop, regulate, or prototype embedded solutions that provide customers with an advantage over their competitors.
- The company’s solutions include electronic designs, cybersecurity, antenna and RF design, electromagnetic simulation, and embedded software designs.
Software and Digitization
- Etteplan's service portfolio covers full software development. The company supports the entire life-cycle of software and digital services, from implementation to maintenance.
- The services offered include application development, UX and service design, and business-critical solutions.
Testing and Test Laboratory
- The company offers testing services that assist with software testing, embedded product testing, and testing automation designed for application development.
- Etteplan’s testing services include accredited EMC testing, EMC testing, failure analysis, HVAC testing, and software test automation.
Product and Asset Information
- Etteplan provides first-rate product information that is accessible, updated, and reusable.
- They offer information management for plants, e-learning, structured documentation, technical documentation for investment operations, and digitized technical documentation.
Products in Development
Outsourcing-Partnership with Scanfil
- In 2019, Etteplan agreed to a strategic partnership with Scanfil, which is a systems provider that services the electronics sector and operates as a global contract manufacturer.
- This deal entails the outsourcing of the product development resources and projects from Scanfil to Etteplan.
- The agreement is specific to Finland, however, it bolsters future collaborations in Germany, Sweden, and Poland.
- The HyperSTE serves as a content check tool developed with the intention of enhancing clarity, quality, and consistency in compliance with STE standards.
- The release of the HyperSTE SaaS version is a step towards supplying digitization to the company’s technical documentation business. The company observes significant market potential for this offering in markets located in areas like India and China.
- The software shortens written English content by around 30%, reducing translation and print materials cost.
- The company has expertise in enduring global customer relations.
- Its company culture emphasizes customer relationship management and quick response, especially in light of the shifting demands of clients.
- The company provides a wide range of fully covered, life-cycle services.
- Etteplan is diverse and has the ability to combine engineering competencies and digital solutions in a unique way that supports the renewal and competitiveness of their customer’s businesses.
- The company facilitates the "continuous development of own service offerings."
- Etteplan is among the world’s top providers of engineering, digital solutions, and software services in the company's markets.
- The company’s presence in various global markets enables easy access to customers and potential clients. It uses its global network of specialists in the multiple technology divisions to benefit and support its customers.
- It also has an expanding presence in China.
- The acquisitions of Koodain Solutions and Eatech OY greatly bolstered Etteplan’s competitiveness as a provider of agile software development, cloud service software, and digital solutions.
- Through acquisitions, the company strengthens its competencies, expertise, and presence.
- The company’s technical documentation business slumped in growth due to a decline in its clients' investments in brand-new operating models.
- There was also a decrease in the number of recent outsourcing agreements, which also contributed to the reduction in growth of the company’s technical documentation business.
- Staff from Etteplan have reported a lack of suitable personnel practices. They have also complained about inadequate remuneration packages, limited support from management, and the absence of provision for training.
Our research began by visiting Etteplan’s company website to gain company insights. We then visited the company’s product offerings page and gathered information on its products and services. The search revealed that the company provides services related to engineering, embedded systems, product and asset information, software and digitalization, as well as testing and test laboratory.
The next step was to obtain information on the products the company has in development. We performed general searches that returned press releases on Etteplan’s recent and current developments, including a strategic partnership for the outsourcing of Scanfil’s projects and the introduction of HyperSTE, a new product meant to simplify technical documentations. Next, we gathered information on Etteplan’s strengths. We utilized the most recently available annual report, which provided most of the information on this topic. We also used Etteplan’s annual report to obtain information on the company’s weaknesses.