Top Breast Cancer Awareness Charities
Breast Cancer Prevention Partners (BCCP), Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, and Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation are three of the top breast cancer awareness charities. BCCP partners with Leki, Balega, Cattara, Osprey, The Fut On Shop, Crunchi, Princeton Tec, and Klean Kanteen. The Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation is currently partnering with Chavez for Charity, Warriors in Pink, Lulu Dharma, Merck, and Pfizer. Meanwhile, the Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation collaborates with Dana Rebecca, Lyfe Kitchen, Schwamburg Toyota, Sterling Bay, and Neiman Marcus.
TOP 3 BREAST CANCER AWARENESS CHARITIES
LYNN SAGE CANCER FOUNDATION
- The Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation, established in the year 1985 in honor of Lynn Sage, is a "leading breast cancer research and education charities." Its primary mission is to promote the treatment, perception, and exploration of breast cancer by collaborating with the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center (Northwestern University) and Northwestern Memorial Hospital (Chicago).
- The Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation has accumulated about $30 million for research on breast cancer, which it has donated to efforts to find solutions to breast cancer. The foundation funds efforts for breast cancer outreach, a breast fellowship program, and a breast cancer research program.
- It spends about 89.1% of its overall expenses on funding its programs, and it has an overall score and rating of 92.92 on Score Navigator.
- Some brand partners of the Lynn Sage Cancer Foundation include Dana Rebecca, Lyfe Kitchen, Schwamburg Toyota, Sterling Bay, and Neiman Marcus, among others.
Dr. SUSAN LOVE RESEARCH FOUNDATION
- The Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation's mission is to develop a future free of breast cancer by concentrating primarily on cause and termination. To fulfill its mission, the foundation meets challenges through an approach that is project-based, flexible, and swift. The foundation also distinguishes any needs and determining the necessary techniques to employ so that requirements can be satisfied hastily in a unique way that is different from what existing nonprofit organizations are doing. It does this by developing a brand-new model that is specific to the challenge.
- The Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation conducts studies and projects in collaboration with other organizations. Some of its studies and projects include: the Biome Study, Mapping the Breast Ducts Study, Metastatic Breast Cancer Collateral Damage Project, Health of Women Study, and Army of Women NIH-Funded Self-Reading Portable Ultrasound Study, among others. The foundation is also in collaboration with local community advocates in Los Angeles to improve diversity in its research examinations and deliver its informative programs to more underserved neighborhoods.
- The Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation has an overall score and rating of 91.90 on Charity Navigator, with 82.5% of its total expenses going to the services and programs that it supplies.
- Chavez for Charity, Warriors in Pink, Lulu Dharma, Merck, and Pfizer are some current brand partners of the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation.
BREAST CANCER PREVENTION PARTNERS (BCCP)
- The Breast Cancer Prevention Partners was first established about 25 years ago. BCCP attempts to alter what people think about the utilization of radiation and chemicals to safeguard health, thwart breast cancer, and maintain life. To achieve this, it provides education on tips for prevention, exposures to bypass, and health in the workplace. BCCP also promotes legislation that educates shoppers about the various ingredients used in cleaning products, compels manufacturers to substitute hazardous chemicals in packaging, and researches the science involved in the prevention of breast cancer.
- In 2018, the Breast Cancer Prevention Partners was able to petition the Food and Drug Administration in the United States to prohibit seven different flavorings in food that lead to cancer. The foundation also spearheaded successful campaigns to ensure the enactment of the California Salon Product Ingredient Disclosure Act and published two separate reports in the Journal New Solutions on breast cancer in women and work after its probe of 142 evaluations on women’s occupations and workplace exposures.
- BCCP has an overall score and rating of 90, and it spends about 79.3% of its total expenses on the services and programs that it provides.
- Some brand partners of Breast Cancer Prevention Partners are Leki, Balega, Cattara, Osprey, The Fut On Shop, Crunchi, Princeton Tec, and Klean Kanteen, etc.
Our research began by searching for articles, news media, and reports to find existing lists of the top or best breast cancer awareness charities in sources such as USAToday, Charity Navigator, etc. We were able to locate lists based on evaluations of their financial statements, tax reports, program expenses, and fundraising costs by Charity Navigator and Charity Watch, and we compiled them. Some of the charity foundations included Breast Cancer Prevention Partners (BCCP), Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, National Breast Cancer Foundation, Susan G. Komen Foundation, and Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation, among others.
We then observed their profiles on charity foundation databases, such as Charity Navigator, for their overall score and ratings and the total percentage of their expenses spent on funding programs. Through this search method, we were able to determine the charity organizations with the highest overall score, ratings, and percentage of expenses spent on funding programs. Thus, we selected the top three charity foundations based on those factors. Consequently, we selected Breast Cancer Prevention Partners (BCCP), Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, and Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation as additional leading breast cancer awareness charities.
To provide an overview, contributions, and a list of the partner brands, we scored through each company's websites and profiles.