Breakthru Beverage - Background Information
BREAKTHRU BEVERAGE'S BACKGROUND/HISTORY
- Breakthru Beverage is a leading beverage wholesaler in North America that was formed in January 2016 as a merger between Charmer Sunbelt Group and Wirtz Beverage Group.
- The Charmer Sunbelt Group was founded as a family business in 1988, and prior to the merger, it was a leading distributor of fine spirits, wines, bottled water, and other non-alcoholic beverages, with Greg Baird as the company's President and Chief Operating Officer and Charles Merinoff as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
- The Charmer Sunbelt Group is also a result of a merger between Sunbelt Beverage Corporation and Charmer Industries in 1994.
- Before the merger, the Wirtz Beverage Group was a "preeminent family-run distributors of wine, spirits and beer." The company was formed in 1945 by Arthur Wirtz and by the time of merging, its Chairman was W. Rockwell Wirtz, and its President and CEO was Danny Wirtz.
- According to Rockwell Wirtz, the merger signifies the companies' commitment to their shared values, approaches, and future commitments.
- As per Greg Baird, the merger helps the two companies to work efficiently and collaboratively across multiple markets, improve marketing speed for their partners, and come up with new models that will promote a culture of integrity for their customers, associates, and suppliers.
- According to Danny Wirtz, the name for the new business after the merger was carefully chosen to represent the new company's objective to challenge how traditional beverage distribution was being done and achieve a breakthrough through a unique, focused, and insightful approach to business.
- Breakthru Beverages is positively changing the "identity and execution standards of beverage distribution," innovatively driving growth, and focusing on quality and integrity as the company's critical hallmarks.
- The company's portfolio features premier wine, spirit, and beer brands whose annual sales amount to over $5 billion.
- Breakthru Beverages is family-owned and operated and employs 7,000 associates across the US and Canada.
BREAKTHRU BEVERAGES' COLORADO OFFICE
- Breakthru Beverages Colorado, formerly known as Beverage Distributors Company, LLC, is located on 3980 Central Park Boulevard, Denver, CO 80238.
- The Colorado office contact phone number is 303.371.3421.
LOCATIONS OF BREAKTHRU BEVERAGE'S TOP EXECUTIVES
- Charles Merinoff is the company's Co-Chairman and currently lives in Haworth, New Jersey.
- W. Rockwell Wirtz is a principal founder and Co-Chairman of Breakthru Beverage and currently lives in Winnetka, Illinois.
- Gene Luciana is the company's Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, and currently lives in Darien, Connecticut.
- Arthur Wirtz is the company's Executive Vice President of Operations and currently lives in Golf, Illinois.
- Greg Baird is the company's President and CEO and currently lives in New Smyrna Beach, Florida.