Case Studies: Content & Lead Generation
Hear.com and AV Specialists are two examples of company case studies showing how educational and informative content drives lead generation and awareness of a business. Provided below are full details on each case study, including the strategies deployed and the outcome of the campaigns.
- Hear.com, a global player in the hearing-aid industry, wanted to reach a targeted audience, drive traffic and generate leads. In this regard, the company launched content on Taboola’s discovery network, which led to an increase in Hear.com traffic.
- The content focused on educating potential customers on the latest developments and innovations in the hearing aid industry to debunk conventional myths and assumptions. Hear.com also wanted to maintain an effective balance between educating its target audience and motivating action from the audience too.
- To achieve the equilibrium, Hear.com designed its landing pages to provide both educational content about hearing loss and call to action/direct-response messaging. Taboola discovery platform ran the campaigns to drive quality traffic from relevant content and achieve high conversion rates.
- The company further broke down the campaigns to target Hear.com narrow audience by bundling different regions and performance groups together to obtain appropriate performance on the right campaigns. On that note, Hear.com developed content for each specific region to enhance localization, created customized ad copy, and built landing pages for different geographic regions within a particular nation.
- These strategies helped Hear.com to successfully reach and grow its small audience using Taboola Segments and continuously improving sponsored content and budget allocations.
- In the long run, the campaign increased Hear.com ability and scale to increase its new sources of traffic progressively. The campaign also expanded the company's reach to ten target countries and led to a ten-fold increase in Taboola traffic in just two years.
- Lastly, the Taboola experience that facilitated Hear.com growth, also motivated the company to plan to test new targeting features and models as it grows.
- AV Specialists, a Florida based home and commercial automation services company embarked on a mission to improve its search engine visibility and generate leads that had been declining. The company's website was visually unappealing and contained content with inaccurate or outdated information.
- To turn things around, AV Specialists decided to try One Firefly’s approach. Previously, it had contracted a marketing agency, which did not understand their business well, especially the jargon.
- One Firefly created an editorial calendar that included curating fresh content for two web pages per month, which resulted in an accumulation of more informative, content-rich website over time.
- Further, the AV Specialist blog received two monthly updates with informative and engaging content regarding its specific solutions or services. The blogs were also optimized to help AV Specialists show up in search ranking for relevant key phrases in their industry.
- To further drive traffic and stimulate leads generation, One Firefly created an email marketing campaign to feature the blog posts published each month and a video library with videos showing the intuitiveness of AV Specialist's technology to prospective customers. Other videos showed the company's after-sales support services and training information.
- On social media, One Firefly delivered targeted advertising each month while also updating the AV Specialist's Facebook page with engaging content. On its website, One Firefly also added a chat feature to support real-time communication with customers.
- In the end, these changes led to over 62 different search terms for AV Specialists appearing on the first page of Google compared to only seven that appeared before the changes.
- The changes led to 1,164 sessions, 607 direct searches representing a 52.1% increase, 203 organic searches equivalent to a 17.4% increase, 130 paid organic searches translating to an 11.2% increase, 110 displays equal to a 10% increase, 58 social searches analogous to a 5% increase, and 50 referrals equating to a 4.3% increase.
To find two examples of case studies that show how educational and informative content drives lead generation and awareness of a business, we started by looking at compilations of case studies published by lead generation/digital branding and marketing experts, those published in marketing reports by leading business and marketing websites such as Forbes, PR Newswire, The Drum, and so on. These sources, especially digital branding and marketing agencies, featured relevant and comprehensive reports on case studies on content and lead generation. These cases were among those listed in marketing reports, blogs, and news articles. Next, we filtered our results to remain with at least one case study focusing on the services industry and one on the consumer products segments. On that note, we selected one company case — Hear.com, which manufactures hearing aid products, and two, AV Specialists, a home and commercial automation integrator to reflect the consumers' product and services sectors respectively. Full details of a similar case study on Sage can be accessed via this link.