Brand SKUs (5)
Costco's private-label brands generated a revenue of $27.5 billion in 2018. About 45% of private-label products are found in the average basket for Sprout's customers. Target offers more than 28,000 private-label SKUs across 41 company-owned brands.
- According to the company's recent annual report, Costco stores carry an average of 3,700 SKUs per warehouse.
- In 2018, Costco's private-label brand Kirkland Signature generated a revenue of $39 billion vs. $35 billion in 2017, registering an annual growth of over 10%. The private-label brand accounted for nearly 27.5% of total sales for the company in 2018.
- In 2018, the private-label products comprised just under 20% of total SKUs offered by Costco.
- In FY-2017, the company featured a total of 3,598 SKUs with 584 (16%) private-label products. The private-label SKUs primarily comprised Kirkland Signature at 545 (93.3%) SKUs, followed by seven (1.19%) SKUs from TruNature supplements, and 32 (5.48%) SKUs from other seasonal and kitchen products.
- Private-label brands accounted for about 14% of the total company revenue in the second quarter of 2019. About 45% of customer baskets contained a private-label SKU, and the category achieved double-digit growth during the period.
- The recent annual report states that the company has about 20,100 SKU's with 2,400 (12%) private-label products. Further, the online store features about 1,800 private-label SKUs when filtered using 'Sprouts Brand' selection.
- Sprouts launched its private-label products in 2013; it contributed about 5% of the total sales revenue. By 2017, the category recorded a revenue of over $500 million with a revenue contribution of about 12%. Additionally, the company offered about 19,000 SKUs with about 1,800 private-label products in 2018.
- In 2019, Seeking Alpha and Morning Star reported that Target Stores carry an average inventory of 75,000-80,000 SKUs.
- Target owns 41 private-label brands with products from multiple categories like apparel, grocery, home decor, pet products, home cleaning, make-up, and others.
- The private-label products generated nearly one-third of the total product sales ($74.43 billion) for the company in 2018.
- When SKUs combined for all the 41 private-label brands, filtered according to each individual brand; the company's online store featured more than 28,000 SKUs, calculated to be about 35% of the company's total number of products (80,000 SKUs).
- The top-three private-label brands with the highest number of SKUs were found to be Threshold with 5,000+ SKUs, Cat & Jack with 3,100+ SKUs, Project 62 with 2,150+ SKUs.