Cognizant - Audit of Consumer Experiences
According to our research, consumers/companies have been mostly positive about their work with Cognizant. They have left positive reviews of Cognizant as two reviewers said they were pleased with Cognizant's services. Most of the positive reviews were above four stars. Meanwhile, brand value rose consistently from 2014 to 2017 but dipped by 10% in 2018.
- A mid-sized company rated Cognizant 4/5 stars, saying that the business is flexible, an excellent partner, and possessed the skill sets they required to swiftly and triumphantly achieve the objective.
- A reviewer rating Cognizant 3/5 stars had a flawless experience with Cognizant, which granted the best possible support with their operators.
- Another review rated Cognizant 5 stars, saying the company assisted with comprehending the solution they presented, leading to impeccable delivery and implementation "of the originally forecast business benefits."
- A financial services company from San Francisco with an ongoing project with Cognizant in 2017 rated it 4/5 stars, saying the group swiftly discerned and resolved a crucial flaw in the intended plan while stating that their training and customizations are considerably below the rates of their competitors.
- An e-commerce company from San Francisco with an ongoing project with Cognizant in 2017 rated it 4/5 stars, saying they manage a steadfast, competent team during projects and can operate on high-visibility programs from design to initiation. Additionally, the company states that working with just one of Cognizant's resources feels like partnering with the entire business due to its capacity to leverage its combined expertise and knowledge.
- A media company from New Jersey rated Cognizant 4.5/5 stars, stating that its performance was exceptional regarding ongoing production-support related activities. The company also said Cognizant showed remarkable knowledge of its products and application and trained and retained talent according to requirements.
- A healthcare company from San Mateo, California, rated Cognizant 4/5 stars. The company praised Cognizant's performance, while referring to its resources as methodical, talented, and diligent.
- An IT company from Liberty Lake, Washington rated Cognizant 4.5/5 stars, praising their performance. It stated that Cognizant remained on budget and on time while singling out its capacity to obtain resources readily and communications as its strengths.
- A negative review stated that they had to try multiple times to acquire an adequate on-site crew that they could collaborate with effectively.
- A healthcare company from California who had a project with Cognizant said, "Talented resource availability is a big challenge for them; they should work on that in order to provide good resources in a short time."
- An IT company from Liberty Lake, Washington, commented that they experienced barriers with communication regarding offshore resources.
- Cognizant had more positive reviews than negative as two reviewers had great experiences Cognizant without any flaws. The majority of the positive reviews for Cognizant were above four stars. Commonly praised themes about Cognizant were its flexibility and that they offered the best support they could. Reviewers also remarked on Cognizant readily providing the necessary resources. Additionally, Cognizant was praised for its quality of service and timeliness.
- For the negative reviews, the common theme was their talent resources, particularly that of the offshore resources in the areas of availability.
BRAND VALUE ANALYSIS
- Cognizant was the fourth most valuable IT Services brand in the United States in 2018 with a brand value of $7.761 billion.
- Cognizant was the fifth most valuable IT Services brand in the United States in 2017 with a brand value of $8.631 billion.
- It experienced a 10% drop in brand value from 2017 to 2018, but it maintained its AA+ rating.
- Cognizant had a steady increase in brand value from 2014 until 2017. However, it dropped in 2018.
- Cognizant was ranked the 82nd most valuable brand (general) in the United States in 2019 with a brand value of $8.704 billion, which was a slight rise over 2018 (ranked 83rd).
- Revenue plays a vital role in brand valuation, according to a brand finance methodology for calculating brand value. Since March 2017, Cognizant has rejected several deals that offered lower margins. The reason for this is the company shifted focus from growth to improving profitability.
- Eventually, revenue growth slumped. Cognizant's revenue grew by around 9.15% in April-June 2018 compared to the 10.74% year-on-year revenue growth in January-March of 2017, which possibly resulted in the reduction of brand value.
- Cognizant was also involved in a bribery scandal in 2017. Gordon Coburn (Cognizant's then-president) Steven Schwartz (then-chief legal officer) were charged for a $2 million bribe directed towards Tamil Nadu government officials. At least $60 million dollars was spent on the investigation, and a fine of $28 million was administered, which probably affected its brand value.
To find reviews and information on its brand value, we searched Cognizant's company website, annual reports of independent brand valuation and strategy consultancy, and credible review sites. We discovered the brand value on the annual report of the independent brand valuation and strategy consultancy. However, the reason for the 10% drop was not determined. Since it was calculated, it was difficult to say what exactly led to the decline. So we had to infer and explore for probable causes. To do this, we observed the incidents at the company at the time that might have caused the 10% decrease. We found that there was a revenue decline, along with a bribery case. Ultimately, we determined that these are occurrences that can affect the value of any brand.