BPO Marketing Best Practices
Some best marketing practices for BPOs include developing strategic and compelling "context-based content," and generating and incubating highly qualified leads. Another best practice is providing a framework that maximizes revenue. Additional details are in the attached document.
STRATEGIC AND COMPELLING, CONTEXT-BASED CONTENT AND OUTSOURCED TECHNICALITIES
- According to Fusion Marketing Partners and other publications, one of the best practices for B2B marketing/optimization includes developing strategic and compelling context-based content.
- After developing strategic, compelling content and context-based content, technicalities can be outsourced. Several marketing managers reveal that the design/optimization of their web pages gets outsourced.
- They outsource significant technical processes, "since in-house employees do not have the necessary technical" knowledge as well as skills.
- Most companies focus on strategic content, such as keyword phrases and inbound link improvements. By outsourcing technicalities, they can focus on developing the content which falls within their area of competence, thereby, optimizing outcomes.
- Companies need to generate content that reveals their expertise. This expertise shows that they are not just regular producers or sellers, but are "unique in some sense" and can be trusted.
- Having strong concepts, several companies, including App Sumo, Slack, etc., have outsourced technicalities to other companies to optimize those technical processes. Companies seeking to attract BPO contacts should display high technical capabilities during marketing.
- Several BPO companies reveal their experience during marketing. Datamark states that its experience can move an outsourcing organization to new heights. Several Fortune 500 Companies and large enterprises outsource their business processes to Datamark.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED LEADS
- The best practice in marketing BPOs within B2B firms is to maintain highly qualified leads.
- Digital technologies utilize digital marketing concepts to attain customers, transform them into leads, and also retain them. The digital tools used to acquire leads include "web sites, social media, e-mails, blogs, mobile applications," and other digital platforms. The goal is to ensure that prospects have access to constant engagement through various electronic devices, such as PCs, smartphones, tablets, etc.
- "Search engine optimization (SEO) is vital" when promoting B2B brands online. Social media marketing delivers unique opportunities that improve brand image. Search engine optimization is a lead generation strategy that is proven to boost the reach.
- "SEO is part of inbound marketing," which helps leads to find an organization that delivers a specific solution they are researching. Those SEO sales leads that eventually find helpful organizations with some of their efforts are more receptive when compared to organizations approached out of the blue. It is ideal to allow a prospect to attempt researching an outsourced solution, then optimizing the results to increase the visibility of a specific/competent BPO service provider.
FRAMEWORK THAT MAXIMIZES REVENUE
- Developing and offering a framework that maximizes revenue is the best practice for marketing BPOs among B2B firms.
- Business frameworks of companies that depend on online infrastructure, platforms, and apps, etc., can be outsourced to companies that offer Framework as a Service. While FAAS is not a finished product like SaaS, it takes less time to implement when compared to a full PaaS system. FaaS vendors offer solutions to industry verticals "such as financial institution or emergency response services applications." They also provide services to companies that have a production environment that depends on web applications.
- Instead of designing online platform frameworks from scratch, companies can outsource this process to organizations that have provisioned and brought "all the necessary tools together." This process requires less time and effort.
- A three-part situation analysis is necessary to get maximum returns from company processes and revenue. Firstly, a company has to analyze the competitive advantages of internal capabilities, resources, and operational processes. The company also has to review its activities in the marketplace.
- Secondly, an outsourcing company should analyze the marketplace structure, consumer demand, as well as market behavior. It is vital to note competitors' performance, their "relationships with suppliers and partners," when determining what processes to outsource or optimize.
- Thirdly, a company needs to analyze macro-environment factors, such as "economic development, social and ethical issues, government regulations," legal issues and taxation, etc.
- A study on optimization, reinventing decision-making for the maximization company assets reveals another framework that maximizes revenue. This framework employs mathematics as well as algorithms, specialized software, etc., to sort and organize data for decision processes. This approach can provide management recommendations in a manner that is faster, better, and more reliable than humans.
- According to Sashihara, the president and CEO of Princeton Consultants, mathematical analysis and software utilization can improve business process performance. It can give more customers, improve profits, lower overhead, etc. The metrics often vary with business organizations, but improvement is the common goal.
- Reducing headcount and exporting/outsourcing business processes so common among business organizations trying to cut costs that it is no longer the best option. However, the use of software and mathematical modeling to gives better results when combined with outsourcing and streamlining is said to be the best practice.
- About 27% of companies outsource their processes to cut costs. However, 36% outsource some processes to software developers to "boost innovation and optimize" their business processes for development. Examples of companies that have outsourced their processes to software developing companies include Slack, GitHub, App Sumo, etc.
- Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) is a new concept/framework used in outsourcing both horizontal and vertical business processes. It is delivered based on the cloud services model which combines "software and workflow elements."
- Business Process frameworks such as Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provides both flexibility and resource optimization.
- Several B2B companies have outsourced their platforms/frameworks to SaaS providers.
- In a time frame shorter than 20 years after its founding, Salesforce achieved $10 billion in revenue at a rate faster than any enterprise software company. Salesforce's success is due to its ecosystem. In 2005, Salesforce unveiled the AppExchange, which is now a massive ecosystem that outsources 3,000 software-based applications to other businesses.
- By 2022, the ecosystem of Salesforce will be over five times bigger than the company itself. For every dollar Salesforce.com will make in revenue, companies/partners/operators within its ecosystem will make $5.18.
The research included strategic B2B marketing publications, including Fusion Marketing Partners, etc. Fusion Partners is a strategic marketing consultancy extensively experienced in processes that transform the revenue of B2B companies. The study investigated the best marketing practices for BPOs. This strategy revealed some best practices used by B2B companies in their marketing optimization processes. There were no mentions of outsourcing in the study. Contracting another company to carry out some processes such as sales etc., is outsourcing and the Fusion Marketing Partner study is relevant to outsourced processes. The study also investigated the best optimization practices required to ensure that a specific business organization will be "the obvious choice." This reviewed what makes the business organization an obvious choice to the one seeking to sell/outsource its processes. Insight uncovered revealed some unstoppable marketing as well as a step-by-step sales mechanism for B2B companies outsourcing some processes such as sales, etc. It also provided best practices used by B2B companies to "optimize the end-to-end sales process" of their operations. The study reviewed a plethora of other resources and included only insights that appear in several resources.
The study also reviewed academic and scholarly publications such as the School of Business articles of the international business degree programs of Finnish universities (Theseus.Fi). An investigation to uncover the best marketing practices for BPOs revealed several recommended measures used to "outsource the optimization" of various B2B processes such as web page designs, etc. Some business organizations outsource technical processes such as web design for optimized results due to lower technical knowledge and skills of in-house employees. The study also reviews why several businesses have decided to outsource their processes. This strategy assumes that companies that directly try to solve major problems (by marketing technical solutions being sought by several B2B process outsourcers) are implementing the best practice.
The research also reviewed credible media publications such as Forbes, etc., for insights on best marketing practice that optimize, maximize, and reinvent business processes. This process included an investigation to uncover best practices that improve business performance, attract more customers, and result in higher profits and lower overhead, and how to market them. There were no insights uncovered related to their marketing. Insights revealed that downsizing and outsourcing alone is not as effective as when combined with mathematical modeling and software solutions. Companies that have combined the above by outsourcing their processes to software companies were also researched. They include Slack, GitHub, App Sumo, etc. The study assumes that marketing software and mathematical modeling solutions that improve business performance, and attracts more customers is the best practice.
The study investigated case studies and survey reports published by third-party (B2B) digital service providers such as App Direct. The strategy reviewed best marketing practices for BPOs that have given the most significant results. Significant results considered included practices that attract the highest revenue within a short time. Practices that attract the most significant customer growth within a short time, etc., were also considered. This strategy revealed that outsourcing online-apps and other processes to software as a service (SAAS) providers generates the most impressive results. It also lowers cost and has given more customers to several business organizations. Less technical business organizations gain more and optimize their process when they depend on B2B SaaS companies for software services.