Boston Cancer Support 1
The Boston, Massachusetts area has many cancer support groups. The cancer support groups that have been included have been considered compelling for their extensive membership engagement or the size and national recognition of their cancer support community.
Facing Cancer Together
- The purpose of Facing Cancer Together is to promote hope, empowerment and connection for people with cancer and their loved ones.
- Facing Cancer Together offers a variety of cancer support groups including general cancer, caregiver, and adult bereavement support groups.
- Facing Cancer Together also offers a variety of activities and events like writing for wellness, Chinese brush painting, reiki, art exhibits, and run/walk events.
- The communication methods of Facing Cancer Together are a website, blogging, and a social media presence on Twitter and Facebook.
- Facing Cancer Together currently has 215 followers on Twitter and 641 followers on Facebook. Facing Cancer Together has been considered to be compelling and appealing for the wide variety of support groups, activities, and events that they offer to the Boston community.
- Twitter engagement peaked with 68 likes for one post and an average of 5% supporter engagement overall for the past six months.
- Facebook engagement peaked with 27 loves and 7 likes for one post and an average of 3% support engagement overall for the last six months.
Dana-Farber Young Adult Support
- The purpose of this Boston community cancer support group for young adults age 18-39 years old that is sponsored by the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is to address the unique concerns and emotional needs of young adults with cancer.
- The Dana-Farber young adult cancer support group is open to young adults with cancer in the Boston community even if they are not patients at Dana-Farber and is a part of a young adult program. Dana-Farber also hosts an annual young adult cancer conference with workshops that facilitate social interaction and greater understanding among young adults and their caregivers.
- The ongoing communication methods of the Dana-Farber young adult support group are a web page, and a social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, and Spotify.
- Dana-Farber young adult cancer support currently has 1,860 followers on Twitter and 607 followers on Facebook. Dana-Farber young adult cancer support has been considered to be compelling and appealing because of its specialized focus on helping young adults to connect with their peers and fulfill their emotional needs.
- Twitter engagement peaked with 38 likes for one post and an average of 2% supporter engagement overall over the last six months.
- Facebook engagement peaked with 56 loves for one post and an average of 2% supporter engagement overall over the past six months.
Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Community
- The purpose of the Beth Israel Deaconess cancer community, affiliated with the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, is to offer support and information for people with cancer and their loved ones.
- This cancer support community also offers counseling and education programs.
- The Beth Israel Deaconess cancer community has its own website with no specific social media presence, although Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center has a social media presence on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- The Beth Israel Deaconess cancer community is large, and the cancer center that it is affiliated with has been nationally recognized with an Outstanding Achievement award.
We first researched cancer support groups in the Boston area that also had extensive membership engagement on social media from multiple credible sources like their group websites, Twitter, and Facebook. We then researched other cancer support groups in the Boston area that are large and well recognized to complete our findings.