Who are the biggest players in the global presentations industry and what is their share? (by number of users, revenue, etc)
Hello! Thanks for your question about the biggest players in the global presentation industry. The short version is that the leading presentation industries are PowerPoint, Prezi, CustomShow, ClearSlide, and Slideshark. Below you will find a deep dive of my findings.
I first found out which presentation company has the largest share of the presentation software market, and wasn't surprised to find that it was PowerPoint. I then found the alternative presentation companies using a variety of sources, and cross-referenced them to ensure accuracy. I then researched each of their market sizes, revenues, number of users, and employees. Data such as revenue, users, and usage could not be found for Google Slides, Apple Keynote, and CustomSlides. A single Wonder list comprises 10 items, and if you need more entries, you can submit a new request and we'll pick up where we left off.
List of the LeAdinG presentation industries
1. PowerPoint: with a 95% share of the presentation software market, PowerPoint has an estimated 500 million users worldwide, and annual sale of over $100 million.
2. CustomShow: has thousands of users in Fortune 1000 companies such as Western Union, Time Warner, and NBC Universal. More than 50 sales and marketing teams use CustomShow to distribute and manage digital presentations. (Could not find company shares or revenue)
3. ClearSlide: is a sales engagement platform that has an estimated revenue of $90 million, and 130 employees that have generated an estimated $18.9 million in revenue. Their users are major companies such as LexisNexis, TripAdvisor, Expedia, and Chegg.
4. Prezi: is a cloud-based presentation software and storytelling tool that has a total funding of $71.4 million, over a 100 employees, and an estimate of $5.2 million. It has more than 60 million users worldwide, and over 190 million public Prezis that has been viewed over one billion times.
5. Keynote: part of Apple’s iWork productivity suite. In the Web Analytic category, Keynote Systems has a market share of about 0.1%. I was unable to find number of employees or revenue specifically for iWork because Apple does not break down number of employees or revenue by business segment.
6. Google Docs: is the leading cloud based software that allows multiple users to work on a presentation in real time. It has an estimated revenue of $2.7 million. Its usage among businesses with more than 1,000 users is up 10.6% from last year.
7. Haiku deck: in four years Haiku deck has earned over 5 million downloads on iTunes and grown to over 2 million registered users. It has market value of over $4 million and has earned over $1 million in revenue.
8. Slideshark: is an app used by sales professionals and other presenters worldwide to present and share PowerPoints via their chosen devices. Their estimated revenue is $8 million. Thousands of companies, including half of the Fortune 100, and millions of individuals rely on Slideshark.
9. Poll Everywhere: is an interactive presentation software product that allows presenters to poll their audience and provide results in real time. Some of Poll Everywhere's customers include the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, Nestle, Hewlett Packard, and United Launch Alliance. They currently have an estimated annual revenue of $5 million.
10. KnowledgeVision: provides online presentation technology and tools for the business presentation. They were founded in 2010. Their estimated revenue is $3.5 million. The platform has more than 225,000 people worldwide in more than 2,000 companies and campuses
10. Kahoot: develops a web and mobile-based educational platform that enables users to create, play and share fun learning games. They were founded in 2013, and have an estimated revenue is $1 million.
11. Mentimeter: is interactive presentation software that allows users to quickly and easily create fun presentations. They currently have a customer base of 5 million people, and an estimated revenue of $237.5 thousand.
To wrap it up, PowerPoint dominates the presentation industry by a landslide, taking 95% of the market share. However, the leading presentation companies that follow after are: Prezi, Google slides, CustomShow, ClearSlide, and Slideshark.
Thanks for using Wonder! Please let us know if we can help with anything else!