How big is the post-production digital photography market in Asia Pacific (China, India)?
While there is no pre-existing information to fully answer your question on the post-production digital photography market within the Asia Pacific, we've used the available data to pull together key findings on digital photography in China and photography in India. We were able to locate market size for each of those as well as information on the total number of photographers, revenue of photo-labs, post-production photo labs, and photofinishing businesses as was publicly available.
Below you'll find an outline of our research methodology to better understand why the information you've requested is publicly unavailable, as well as a deep dive into our findings.
An extensive search of the public domain revealed no news articles or market reports for the post-production digital photography market in the Asia Pacific.
Since searching news articles and market reports directly was fruitless, we side-stepped the issue by instead searching for reports for the market size of individual areas and located information on the number of photographers, revenue, post-production labs, and photofinishing businesses specifically in India and China from reputable sources like Global Newswire and Print Week.
We have identified several statistics regarding the photography market in general. Information on post-production digital photography was publicly unavailable.
1) Due to the popularity and increasing trend of photography used in social media in the Asia Pacific, it has currently acquired the majority share of the digital photography market.
2) It is anticipated that the Asia Pacific will show the fastest growth in the digital photography marketing due to growing economies in China, Japan, India, and South Korea.
4) The market size estimate for India's digital photography market was found to be $379 million.
5) China's photography market was found to be $48 billion. This would suggest that the market size across the Asia Pacific would be upwards of $48.3 billion annually, with China accounting for the vast majority of the value.
6) The All India Photographic Trade and Industry Association claims to have over 4,000 registered members, which includes individuals, corporations, and firms related to the photographic trade.
7) China's Ministry of Commerce valued the country's photography industry at $48 billion annually.
8) China's wedding photography industry alone is worth $11.7 billion.
9) The China Photographer's Association claims to have more than 15,000 individual members registered with them.
Despite the limited capabilities of internet archiving on the post-production digital photography market within the Asia Pacific, we were able to locate publicly available information on the digital photography market in China and the photography market in India, which are estimated to be $379 million and $48 billion, respectively. The global digital photography market is expected to be over $110 billion by 2021. Additionally, the Asia Pacific currently holds the majority share of the digital photography market as well as being expected to show the fastest growth due to surges in the economies of China, Japan, South Korea, and India. Additional information on the post-production digital photography marketing in the Asia Pacific was not publicly available.