Bi-Weekly Blockchain News 11/3/19-11/5/19
Five articles on blockchain, three articles on cloud storage, and two articles that mention data integrity, published between November 2, 2019, and November 5, 2019, have been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- Blockchain forensics firm CipherTrace now tracks Binance Chain — "CipherTrace, a Silicon Valley-based blockchain intelligence company, today announced it will support services for Binance Chain, which houses the BNB token and is used to run the Binance DEX."
- Coca-Cola Embraces Blockchain Technology Developed by SAP — Coca-Cola's bottlers have started using a blockchain solution developed by SAP to track all transactions that take place within 70 franchises.
- Blockchain-Based Cross-Border B2B Transactions to Skyrocket to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 — Juniper Research estimated that the total value of B2B cross-border payments using blockchain technology will exceed $4.4 trillion by 2024.
- How Arweave’s Permaweb cheaply hosts sites & apps forever — Arweave‘s Permaweb has designed a blockchain service that protects websites from censorship by hosting them directly on the blockchain.
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries — Volvo Cars has reached an agreement with CATL and LG Chem, two global battery suppliers, to start tracing cobalt on a blockchain from 2021, with the aim of improving sustainability.
- Zadara Puts Industry’s Only Complete Hybrid Cloud Storage Service in the Spotlight at VMWorld Europe — Zadara Storage will introduce its fully managed, hybrid enterprise storage-as-a-service (STaaS) platform this week at VMworld 2019 Europe.
- Microsoft Stored an Entire Superman Movie on a Piece of Glass — Microsoft’s Project Silica has stored the 1978 movie Superman on a glass disk, saying that the new technology is ideal for cloud storage solutions.
- Microsoft reboots Azure hybrid cloud with Arc — Microsoft introduced the Azure Arc, a new hybrid cloud technology that the company claims will bring "established management and security capabilities to any enterprise infrastructure."
- Tokyo Stock Exchange upgrades its “arrowhead” trading system — Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc. upgraded it's “arrowhead” trading system, stating that the data integrity of the system is ensured "through constant mirroring to triply-redundant standby servers."
- InsideView Data Integrity Helps Customers Modernize Data Management, Drive Revenue, and Improve Operational Effectiveness — InsideWiew announced InsideView Data Integrity, a system for managing customer data that is designed for companies wishing to monitor the health of their customer data and to enhance its integrity.