Bi-Weekly Blockchain News - 11/17/19-11/19/19
Four articles on blockchain, three articles on cloud storage, and two articles that mention data integrity, published between November 17, 2019, and November 19, 2019, have been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- German airline Hahn Air issues first blockchain-based tickets — German airline Hahn Air has issued the first blockchain-powered airline tickets on its scheduled flight from Dusseldorf to Luxembourg, in partnership with Winding Tree.
- Chinese army recommends blockchain token rewards as country reiterates anti-crypto stance — PLA Daily, the Chinese military’s official news outlet, stated that the Chinese Army should incorporate blockchain technology into its operations to better store personnel data, career paths and identity data.
- Lamborghini Digitizing Its Authentication Process Using Salesforce Blockchain — Salesforce announced that Lamborghini has started using its blockchain platform to track the authenticity of some of its unique models.
- PayPal invests in cryptocurrency compliance startup TRM — PayPal has invested into a $5.9 million Seed round for cryptocurrency startup TRM that integrates with "more than a dozen blockchains, and analyses billions of virtual asset transactions to detect signs of fraud and financial crime like money laundering in real-time".
- Rackspace partners with NetApp to deliver storage on VMware Cloud on AWS — To help customers with storage-heavy workloads, Rackspace partnered with NetApp to implement a multi-cloud strategy to deliver storage on VMware Cloud on AWS.
- Google acquires CloudSimple to bolster cloud workload migration — Google has acquired CloudSimple, a software provider of "dedicated environments to run jobs in the cloud". Google says that the acquisition will help customers to migrate on-premises workloads directly into Google Cloud.
- Schriever implements secure cloud storage — The Schriever Air Force base in Colorado has implemented secure cloud storage using Microsoft's OneDrive technology.
- Maintaining Data Integrity in the Lab With ELNs — The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued new guidance on data integrity for biopharmaceutical research companies. This article discusses how all-in-one Electronic Lab Notebooks (ELNs) can help those companies comply with the new data integrity standards.
- Sixgill Launches Integrity, The Blockchain Data Authenticity Solution — Sixgill announced the commercial launch of Sixgill Integrity, a software solution that enforces data authenticity by using blockchain technology.