Bi-Weekly Blockchain News 10/31/19-11/2/19
Eight articles on blockchain, three articles on cloud storage, and two articles that mention data integrity, published between October 31, 2019, and November 2, 2019, have been provided in the attached spreadsheet.
- Tamil Nadu Working On Blockchain For State-Level Policies — Tamil Nadu, one of the largest states in India will set up regulations on the use of blockchain and artificial intelligence in solving governance issues at the state level.
- Holiday Booking Company EzyStayz to Offer Lower Fees by Integrating Blockchain Technology — EzyStayz, an Australian vacation rental platform, is moving its services to the blockchain to reduce costs and become more competitive in the international market.
- Samsung Adds Elrond Token to its Blockchain Wallet — The Samsung Galaxy S10 device can generate a blockchain wallet for users, and Samsung has added support for a new cryptocurrency, Elrond (ERD).
- For better or worse, blockchain birth certificates are officially here — City authorities of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil have issued the world's first blockchain birth certificate using IBM’s Blockchain Platform.
- Deutsche Telekom, Telefonica, Vodafone trial blockchain for roaming payments — A consortium of European telecommunications operators have started testing the use of blockchain technology to settle inter-carrier payments for roaming services.
- Huobi Expands into UAE, Where Blockchain is Burgeoning — Chinese Huobi Group, a cryptocurrency exchange company, opened and office in Dubai, UAE to "leverage the blockchain-friendly attitude" of the country.
- John McAfee to Integrate Tron Blockchain with McAfeeDEX on November 8 — John McAfee, of the McAfee antivirus fame, said that his decentralized exchange, McAfeeDEX, will integrate the Tron blockchain on November 8, 2019.
- China’s Shenzhen district uses blockchain for $1 billion of tax invoices — The Shenzhen Taxation Bureau issued over 10 million blockchain invoices and processed close to $1 billion since its launch last year, China’s state-run press agency Xinhua reported.
- Consumer Cloud Storage Services Market is estimated to reach a valuation of more than US$ 2.8 Bn by the end of the assessment year — The global consumer cloud storage services market is expected to reach a market size of $2.8 billion by the end of 2019, and to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% until 2025.
- Critics fear Michigan is promising the moon to land cloud data storage firms — Michigan is trying to incentivize massive cloud storage data centers to open up shop in the state by offering various tax incentives, but critics argue that the tax breaks are too large and unsustainable.
- DDoS Attack on Amazon Web Services Raises Cloud Safety Concerns — A recent, sustained distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) Attack on Amazon Web Services (AWS) raised concerns about the security of data stored in the cloud.
- Data integrity poses a major challenge to ROI: 3 things to know — Panelists at the Becker's Hospital Review Health IT + Revenue Cycle conference in Chicago concluded that "data integrity is of the utmost importance when utilizing data analytics; it is also the single biggest obstacle to ROI."
- Blockchain Immutability and its Advantages—Explained! — An article explaining the immutability of data stored using blockchain technology said that blockchain ensures data integrity by allowing organizations and regulators to recognize data modification rapidly.