Beverage Brand Sponsorships - CosPlay
Overall, we were not able to find comprehensive data on the customers' perception and the activities of the participating beverage brands in various costumer play or comic convention events around the world. Nevertheless, we have included in this research some examples of the ways that the Coca-Cola and the Pepsi brands participated in these events. Some of their activities include offering themed bottles, providing drinks that match the occasion, having on-site vending machines, featuring well-known characters in their booths, participating in fan exchanges, and setting up a photo booth. The screenshots of the brands' presence in the various comic conventions or costume play events found were pasted in the linked document.
London MCM Comic Con
- As indicated in the picture, Coca-Cola has installed several vending machines with hip designs within the site of the London MCM Comic Con.
- There were no other details on whether the brand has given-away products or if there are brand-related activities during the event. There was also no brand-specific chatter found on their social media sites.
Puerto Rico Comic Con
- Coke's booth in the Puerto Rico Comic Con features personalized Coke bottles that participants can purchase. There are no details found on whether the brand offer giveaways.
- Coke also featured several costumed characters stationed at the front of their booth.
- One of their booths also has a cartoon mural where the coke brand is prominently featured in the story.
- Based on the comment of the Wonderful Paradise Photography, the brand's "awesome booth" elicited smiles from the participants.
- Coke's social media posts about the features in their booths elicited several likes and positive comments.
Argentina Comic Con
- The Coca-Cola company took part in the 2017 Comic-Con in Argentina through the on-site presence of its announcers from its "Coca-Cola For Me" web radio.
- The radio team interviewed participants and tackled topics such as self-confidence, sympathy, and other topics. The brand's web radio platform also played a major part in promoting the convention online.
- Based on the videos, the fans were enthusiastic to be interviewed about what they liked on the event.
San Diego Comic Convention
- During the 2017 San Diego Comic Convention, the FANDOM entertainment fan site collaborated with Pepsi to organize a special fan celebration.
- The celebration includes having a food truck that will offer pop-culture themed foods with Pepsi drinks to match. Some specialty food being offered include spicy "chimichanga" matched with a regular Pepsi drink, a Pepsi "Fire and Ice Float" drink, an Ichiraku Ramen Taco matched with Pepsi Zero Sugar®, and a Wookiee Cookie served with Diet Pepsi®.
- Pepsi also offered an animated photo booth for the 2017 Comic-Con fandom party. Based on the article, the guests enjoyed having their fun pictures taken with realistic movie props.
- Based on the latest metrics, an increasing number of participants prefer spending time in these booths that are outside the official program of the convention.
- These booths are seen to play a larger part in the convention experience of the participants. Brands such as Pepsi can also have the opportunity to communicate with their consumers in a more focused setting in these booths.
- These booths are also considered as setups that can contribute to the vibe of the official convention. These installations can also take the burden off on the crowded main convention venue.
- However, the booths should maintain a balancing act in order not to take too much focus, attendees, and money away from the main convention.
YOUR RESEARCH TEAM APPLIED THE FOLLOWING STRATEGY:
We searched for directly available information on how major beverage brands have participated in costume play or comic conventions globally. We looked for this information in various sites such as in entertainment sites such as Insider Entertainment, E!, and other relevant sites; social media platforms such as in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others; marketing campaign sites such as Moat, Adage, and AdForum, and related sources; press releases such as those from Globe News Wire, Cision, and other similar sites; publications such as Forbes, Business Insider, and others; media outlets such as CNBC, Huffington Post, and other relevant sources. Based on this search approach, we were able to find several reports that provide some information on how beverage brands participate in these events. However, the information is limited and do not offer the detailed activities of the brands such as whether they sell or give away freebies. The sources also did not include comprehensive consumer perception with regard to the participation of the beverage brands.
We then searched for some of the costume play or comic conventions around the world and checked their official sites. We hoped to determine if there are comprehensive articles there on how these brands participated in the conventions, and how the participants perceived them. However, these details were not found on the sites. What we found were a few pictures of some of the beverage brand sponsors.
We then checked if there are after-event surveys or reviews that contain the customer perception of the beverage brands' participation in the various events we found. We also looked through the review section of the social media accounts of these events to determine if there are comments from the participants about the brands' presence in these events. As per this approach, we were not able to find significant details of the perception of the beverage brands' participation in any surveys, reviews, or in the social media sites. What we obtained were very limited details such as posts that mention the brands' participation. However, there was not much social media chatter around the brands' full activities and perception was found.
Overall, we were not able to find significant data on the perception of the participating beverage brands in the specified events. What we found mostly were images of the booths or setups that the major beverage brands have in these events. There were also some limited information on the specific merchandise offered and the activities of the brands in their booths. The screenshots of the brands' presence in the various comic conventions or costume play events found were pasted in the linked document. The findings on the brands' participation in the events were outlined in the section above.