Best Practices in PR Distribution
Some best practices for PR distribution include using quality distribution channels and building media relations. These best practices provide greater chances for press releases to reach a wider audience.
Use Quality Distribution Channels
- Press releases should be distributed via distribution channels that have a strong reputation, exceptional networks, and reasonable prices.
- Quality distribution channels include those channels that have more experience and can offer the right amount of support, guidance, as well as best fit distribution packages.
- Quality distribution channels are more often than not the more expensive ones.
- A quality distribution channel will guarantee reach, multiple media outlets, multimedia types, and customer service.
- Examples of quality distribution channels include Newswire, PR Web, and PR Distribution Network.
- Using quality distribution channels is a best practice because these channels are likely to have relationships with top media outlets that guarantee placement in their publications.
- Professional distribution channels will have the necessary experience to provide assistance in helping clients to create press releases, as well as help with editing and package selection.
- Utilizing quality distribution channels that have tools and resources, such as its strong reputation, connections with media outlets, and mixing of multimedia types will get press releases the support they need to generate positive market results.
- IDTechEx used Newswire for their promotional press releases in order to get the company’s brand to reach the right businesses.
- Newswire was able to yield good results through its media database.
Building Relationships with the Media
- An indispensable part of the press release distribution is media relations. This is so as one of the best ways of gaining traction for press releases through building relationships with media representatives.
- The practice entails building long-standing relationships with representatives from established media outlets, such as TVs, radios, and magazines.
- This practice will require putting effort into communicating with media representatives on different platforms. For example, the retweeting of posts or sharing of stories can build familiarity.
- Having relationships with media representatives will allow a press release a greater chance of being acknowledged on different media platforms.
- Through interaction and relationships, people take a genuine interest in a business. Interacting and building relationships with the right people will generate positive news to float across media platforms.
- It helps institutions to maintain professional and open lines of communication. Open lines of communication will better promote news releases and positive press that positively impact the institution's reputation and reach.
- At Price Waterhouse Coopers, there are positions in sales and marketing departments that are charged with the responsibility of building and maintaining a solid network of media contacts.
- They are also responsible for working effectively with key contacts to secure the distribution of positive stories from the firm’s point of view on key issues.