Best Practices for Marketing B2B Outsourcing Services
The best marketing practices for BPOs are online marketing, social media marketing and the use of business directories. The details are outlined below.
- Online marketing plays a major role in BPO companies. The sales potential online is vast. As such BPOs must market and promote themselves online.
- Creating a business website and utilizing search engine optimization techniques is highlighted as a best practice for online marketing.
- With online marketing, BPOs have the opportunity to improve their search engine ranking, achieve better conversion rates, build brand awareness and most importantly, assist with finding new customers and assist growth.
- An example of a BPO that use online marketing is the Employee and Administrative Support Enterprise in Montana. The company has an official website that is used to market their services to groups and individual medical providers as well as to display their expertise in staffing and management services.
- Another example is DIS technology in Montana that markets via their company website by displaying their service and product offerings
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- Social media marketing is identified as a best practice for BPO marketing strategies.
- Forward BPO explains that social media marketing is essential for driving brand awareness, connect with customers and providing excellent customer service.
- Social media sites such as Facebook with more than 3 million business advertising is the best practice of marketing that should not be ignored.
- Two examples BPO companies using social media marketing is DIS Technology and Cience.
- Information Systems of Montana also use social media sites such as Facebook to publish testimonials, promote the company’s products and to offer security tips.
- Cience Technologies has grown annually by 200% and serves over 100 clients.
- The best BPO companies are aware of the advantages of being included in a business directory.
- The benefits of being included in a business directory are great. As a result, it is viewed as a favored choice for marketing their business interest.
- The benefit of using business directories for BPOs is that it allows companies to have more confidence than those listed in the business directories are legal, established and quality providers.
- Another benefit is that contact information is clearly listed in business directories.
- Employee and Administrative Enterprise utilizes Mapquest online directory to provide information such as the company’s location, contact and operating hours.
- Other examples of this are Information Systems of Montana and Cience. IS Montana uses Yelp while Cience uses Google and others.
- Business directories provide a one-stop reference for businesses and is easily accessible to all business stakeholders. It will allow companies to easily contact and create new business leads.
We commenced this research with a general search on the best practices for marketing BPO companies. From the search, practices such as online marketing, social media marketing and the use of online directories were chosen. Information on online marketing as a strategy for BPOs was sourced from sites such as Seezoomz, Smallbiztrends, and Allianz. Information on social media marketing was sourced from Smallbiztrends and Forward BPO. Lastly, information on business directories was sourced from Magellan Solutions. After gathering information on the best practices of marketing BPO companies the next step was to find companies that employed the practices identified. From the search results, Cience, Employee Administrative and Support Enterprise, DIS technology and Information Systems of Montana was chosen. For each company chosen, their official company website and their social media pages were visited to gather marketing techniques. A general search was then conducted on each individual company. The search returned sites such as Mapquest and Yelp which provided the information necessary to be used as examples.
These are general best practices in relation to BPOs. Information specific to US was not available as the US usually outsource or turn to other countries for BPO services. Therefore, we triangulated the information found by finding at least two companies in the US that are implementing each best practice and are having success using them. We also found more than one expert who agreed on the best practices.
To find best practices specific to the US, we searched industry reports and the websites of US-based BPOs such as Near Shore Americas, Open Access BPO, and Heflo. These spoke about BPO processes and best practices in general.