Bergvik: Company Background
Bergvik was found in 1970 and its headquarters is located in Bergvik, Gävleborg. The company has offices in Australia, South Africa, Sweden and USA. Bergvik also serves 100 countries globally.
1. Bergvik Global
- Bergvik was found in 1970 and its headquarters is located in Bergvik, Gävleborg. They are a global supplier of raised access Flooring, Seismic Bracing, and Load Bearing Structural Ceilings.
- Bergvik specifically imports from Bergvik Southern Africa Pty Ltd manufacturing facility in South Africa.
- Bergvik Group is a privately held company owned by owner Peter Brandstrom.
Growth markers over the years
- The company started in Sweden and then expanded to South Africa and the United States. Currently, the company has offices in Australia, South Africa, Sweden and USA. Bergvik also serves 100 countries globally.
- Bergvik was founded by Brandstrom's father in 1970, the company started by making floor panels in Sweden and other parts in South Africa. In 2010, Brandstrom recognized the dramatic growth of U.S. data centers as an opportunity for the company in the United States.
- The company won Build Magazine award for the best raised access flooring supplier 2019 in South Africa.
2. Bergvik North America
- Bergvik North America has a headquarters in Maryland, United States.
- Bergvik North America, Inc., a subsidiary of the Bergvik Group AB in Sweden, the company is focused on developing a market position for Raised Floor systems, Structural Ceiling System, and Cabinet specific Seismic Bracing Frames for; Data Centers, Electrical Equipment Rooms, Telecom Switches, and Homeland Security in North America.
- Bergvik's products include Iso Floors, HiFlex Floors, Tech Floors, Seismic Bracing Frames, and Iso Flex-Grid.
- Iso Floors are modular flooring systems available for data centers, electrical rooms, and 911 centers.
- HiFlex Floors are modular raised floor systems that can replace concrete cable cellar designs.
- Tech Floors are specialized raised floor systems for 911 centers, laboratories and other facilities which may require future changes in structure.
- Seismic Bracing Frames are targeted towards data centers, electrical and telecom environments that need protection from vertical ground motion (earthquakes).
- Iso Flex-Grid is a flexible structural ceiling system targeted towards data centers and clean rooms among other environments
Growth by estimated revenues
- ZoomInfo also estimates that Bergvik North America has a revenue of $4.9 million in Q4 2019 and a total of about 25 employees.
- The company has partnered with RLA Power in Costa Rica to market its products in Latin America
- The company reportedly had revenues of $5.6 million in Q1, $5.4 million in Q2, and $5.2 million in Q3 of 2019.
- The company has not received any awards.
We found limited information on Bergvik because it's a privately held company with no annual report or legal disclosure.
The team started by reviewing through Bergvik's official website specifically its various sections like Products, Services and Press Releases page as companies generally tend to communicate their growth, awards, acquisitions and expansions through their press releases. However, no details were available regarding the company's growth on its website. All the information was catered around the company's product description and its technical features.
Next, we look through specific media articles from Forbes, Business Insider, WSJ, Washington Post, Bloomberg, Reuters and more. These are all sources that provide insights around companies including their growth. However, again no such information was found and all the details were related to the products offered by Bergvik North America and the general overview of the company and its operations.
We then reviewed through databases such as craft, Zoominfo, Hoovers, Crunchbase and more. These databases often provides details regarding a company's growth, locations and number of employees. Through this approach we have provided Bergvik North America's growth in terms of estimated revenue. Both Bergvik global and North America has not made any acquisitions.