Benevity: Customer Success Services
- Benevity says that its solutions are available anywhere in the world, supporting nearly all currencies and 22 languages.
- While UWW doesn't appear to have a comprehensive all-in-one package for corporate customers that would be comparable to Benevity's Corporate Purpose Bundle, it offers Employee Engagement, Community Investment, and Cause Marketing as separate services.
- Benevity Impact Labs focuses on providing research, insights, and inspiration necessary to create an effective Corporate Social Responsibility strategy. It was only created in February 2021 to emphasize Benevity's focus on helping its clients make an impact.
The attached spreadsheet provides the requested information on Benevity's customer success solutions, including Benevity Impact Labs, Client Success, Customer Engagement, and Corporate Purpose Bundle.
Benevity: Customer Success Services - Selected Findings
- While there is no information on the growth of specific solutions by Benevity, the company appears to be growing. It plans to hire 300 roles this year, including client success ones.
- Benevity's pricing is custom. There aren't any sources available that specify what it is based on.
- Benevity API is a major feature of its Customer Engagement solution. It is REST-based and can be connected to any customer-facing digital application. Furthermore, it has round-up and top-up donation capabilities.
We searched Benevity and UWW's websites, press releases, media articles on both companies, and their pages in business, nonprofit, and software databases. As noted in the early findings, the information on Benevity's offerings is mostly limited to their pages on the website, which are relatively brief. External sources mostly focus on the company's platform.
Specifically, there is no information about packages, add-ons, pricing, customers, or growth (for most of the services). Since those specific solutions aren't described beyond the website, it is impossible to gather data from the media or other sources. We've marked the appropriate cells with N/As and, when applicable, provided helpful information around the area. For some of the solutions, there are also no matching case studies. We thoroughly researched the Client Stories page to determine it since it is the only source of case studies we've identified.