Benchmarks/KPIs: Landscaping and Irrigation
As cost of goods sold (COGS) benchmarks for landscaping and irrigation in Texas, as services provided to residential and commercial builders, were not publicly available, we provided the most recent attainable data pertaining to the landscaping and irrigation industry in the state.
- The landscaping industry in Texas in 2019 had a revenue of $3.7 billion, with the 3rd biggest revenue, after California and Florida, in the US.
- As of 2020, Texas contributed 161,151 jobs for the green industry, to which the landscape industry belongs.
- Regarding the number of players in the US landscaping industry, Texas is the second state, after California, with the largest number of landscaping companies. California leads with 14 companies, while Texas has 12.
- In 2018, landscaping services in Texas had $5.7 billion in sales, increasing by 4.20%.
- In 2018, the landscaping services' economic output contribution in Texas was $11.21 billion.