Bekaert Fencing - Competitors
ArcelorMittal and WireCo is a company that manufactures fencing for the agricultural industry. ArcelorMittal stands out in the retail space through its wide range of trademarked products and the use of advanced technology in the production of its products. WireCo stands out in the range of items within each product category, each of which varies by weight, strength, and length.
- ArcelorMittal through its subsidiary WireSolutions has been operating in the space for over 50 years. Its fences are made with the highest quality and using sustainable materials. The company uses its own trademarked corrosion protection technology, 'Crapal coating'.
- They also use the most advanced technology for the protection of the environment which they call 'Nature coating'. They also stand out in the retail space for other reasons.
- Their fencing products are wide and varied. They include welded fencing, chain link fence, field fence, 'Dragon Estate WIRE', barbed wire, wire for electric fencing, and hexagonal netting.
- ArcelorMittal provides galvanized welded fencing These include Sologne 4R, Sologne 4R for wild boars, Atak Heavy and Parco Crapal 2. Its field fence products include Prairie Medium and Prairie Heavy. In terms of their barbed wire products, their offerings include Torro, Scorpio, Rodeo B and Rodeo Crapal 2.
- Lastly, other fencing products offered by the company are Avigal, Carrelux Annealed, and Quadra. All of these products are trademarked and are manufactured in the company's plants based in Poland, Luxembourg, and the United Kingdom.
- The company does not have an online retail platform for its direct consumers. In 2018, their sales were made mainly from its US customers followed by Brazil, Canada, Mexico and Argentina
WireCo World Group
- Through its subsidiary Drumet, WireCo World Group manufacturers and retails, among other things, fencing, galvanized and staple band and wire, as well as forest nettings. They have a wide variety of wires which are differentiated by strength and phosphate coating. This includes wires for technical springs, rope wire, plaited mesh, general-purpose, wire for technical springs and forest nets.
- They also carry standard ropes that are made of steel strands. These are differentiated by length, weight, and strength. Examples of these steel ropes include the 1x19M, 6v19M — FC, and the 6x36WS — FC. They also carry specialized ropes for cranes and those used in forestry. The company has an online purchasing platform for suppliers but not for its direct consumers.
- WireCo operates worldwide, they have sales and distribution regions in at least five continents including Australia, Asia, North American, South America, and Africa.
We started this research by reviewing the website of Bekaert to get an understanding of their value proposition. We realize that the company has a wide variety of fencing products for the agricultural sector. We then searched through databases as well as the SEC. We assumed that the focus should be on the US and therefore the SEC would have reports from publicly traded companies that operate in the agricultural fencing space. Through SEC, we found ArcelorMittal and WireCo World Group. Both companies have operations worldwide, and provide fencing to various industries including agriculture. Their offerings cover different types of wire fencing and ropes used in agriculture and elsewhere. Information on the retail outlets that sell their products were not found, however, it was observed that the company does not sell directly to consumers. Therefore, we assumed that the use distributors or retailers to get the products to the market.