Beehive Broadband Competitive Landscape (1)
Beehive Broadband and Utah Broadband are local internet service providers. While Beehive caters to Utah and Nevada, Utah Broadband serves certain areas in Utah alone. The requested information on these companies has been entered into columns B and C of the attached spreadsheet.
- Founded in 1963, Beehive Broadband Fiber is an internet service provider that offers connections with speeds up to 1 Gbps for residential and business use.
- The company is headquartered in Toole, Utah and caters to thousands of customers in Nevada and Utah.
- It specifically targets residential customers of all age and income groups, as well as, businesses of all sizes.
- A lot of its business customers are small to mid-size organizations in the government, healthcare, and education sectors. However, it also actively targets large organizations and corporations.
- On Facebook, Beehive Broadband is rated 3.7/5 based on 118 reviews while on Appgroves, it has a 2/5 rating based on 26 reviews.
- While some reviewers commend its impressive customer service, others complain about its inconsistent and unreliable connection.
- Founded in 2002, Utah Broadband is a local company that offers fixed wireless internet service to residential and business customers.
- The company is headquartered in Draper, Utah where it has more than 20 employees.
- Its residential offerings range from $49.95 to $89.95 monthly while businesses have to directly contact the company for pricing information as this varies by the size of company.
- Utah Broadband claims it offers personalized service to each of its customers and ultimately builds relationships with them.
- Several reports reveal that personalization is an important factor that most companies need to consider because it makes customers feel like their interests are taken into account. Due to the company's personalized services, over 40% of its customers come from referrals.
- Utah Broadband is rated 4.2/5 based on 121 reviews on Facebook. Based on these reviews, the company's internet service is "fantastic" and its customer service is "great." There are a few negative reviews about its poor connection at certain hours.
To understand the target audience, service offerings, pricing, and competitive advantage of Beehive Broadband and Utah Broadband, we mainly relied on each company's website. While both companies offered pricing for some of their services, pricing for their business offerings was not provided. As an attempt to locate this information, we examined websites related to broadband such as Broadband Now. This was fruitful in locating Beehive Broadband's full pricing but it had no information on that of Utah Broadband. We then combed through Utah Broadband's social media accounts, specifically Facebook, for any mention of this information but it was still not provided. We also looked at reviews as sometimes, customers reveal what they pay monthly through this medium. Since the pricing data we needed to find was for companies, this was a dead end. Utah Broadband requires organizations to contact them for prices because there are a lot of factors to consider - such as company size -before offering a set-in-stone price.