Bay Area Seed Investors
Seven Bay Area seed investors in agtech, synthetic biology, animal health, food tech, or biotech are First Round Capital, Data Collective, IndieBio, 8VC, Founders Fund, Spruce Capital Ventures, and Fall Line Capital.
FIRST ROUND CAPITAL
- First Round Capital is located in San Francisco and is listed in Crunchbase's top early investors in agtech.
- First Round has invested in Tillable, an online database for farmers to rent and manage land, Bowery, and The Climate Corporation. In July 2018, they invested in Lygos, a biotechnology company working to convert sugar in to high value chemicals.
- Data Collective is located in San Francisco and is listed in Crunchbase's top early investors in Agtech.
- Data Collective has invested in 3fbio, Blue River Technology, Gro Intelligence, Halter, Pivot Bio, Plenty Inc., and Zymergen. 3fbio is working to create sustainable feed, food and fuel from renewable resources.
- IndieBio describes itself as the "largest biotech startup accelerator". The company is location in San Francisco.
- IndieBio has invested in Stämm Biotech, and DNALite Therapeutics. In April 2019, they invested in Clara Foods. Clara Foods is working to create real animal protein, without any animals.
- 8VC is a San Francisco based investor, investing in technology infrastructure.
- 8VC has invested in Bolt Threads, and Hexagon Bio.
- Founders Fund is a San Francisco based venture capital firm.
- Founders Fund has invested in Bolt Threads, Stemcentrix, and The Climate Corporation. The Climate Corporation is an agtech company, helping farmers use data to analyze the potential yields based on soil, and weather.
SPRUCE CAPITAL VENTURES
- Spruce Capital is a San Francisco based venture capital company, that specializes in agtech, food and nutrition, and biotech.
- Spruce Capital's portfolio includes Agerpoint, Amfora, Consumer Physics, Crop Enhancement, Greenlight Bioscience, Pivot Bio, and Provivi.
FALL LINE CAPITAL
- Fall Line Capital is a San Francisco based Private Equity firm. The company is listed as one of the top investors in agtech.
- Fall Line Capital has invested in Benson Hill Biosystems, Braidy Industries, Granular, Greenlight Biosciences, Pluto, and Sound Agriculture.
Our research identified a list of agtech investors from Crunchbase and a report by Finistere Ventures that provide companies that have been seed investors in agtech, synthetic biology, animal health, food tech or biotech. For each company we found their location and looked through their portfolios for recent investments.