Bank Topics Q4
There were a limited number of stories written about both Bank of America and Liberty Bank in the fourth quarter of 2019. In the case of Liberty Bank, the press coverage was mostly local media organizations. Stories that did receive coverage are detailed below.
Bank of America — Charging Stations
- Bank of America announced in December 2019 that they were teaming up with Electrify America, and EV charging stations were going to be installed at select financial centers across the US.
- 40 charging stations with approximately 140 EV chargers will be installed throughout 2020. The stations will be installed at financial centers in California, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Oregon, Washington, Virginia, and Massachusetts.
- Large publications carrying the story included PRNewswire, NewsUS, and CNBC.
Bank of America — Minimum Wage
- Bank of America announced in November 2019 that it was accelerating plans to move the minimum wage from $17 to $20 per hour. This would take place in the first quarter of 2020, more than a year ahead of original plans.
- This story was covered by NASDAQ, Fox Business, and CNBC.
Bank of America — Sustainable Development
- In October 2019, Bank of America announced it had joined the Sustainable Development Alliance, demonstrating its commitment to responsible growth.
- The story was covered by Allianz and IPE.
Liberty Bank — Acquisition of Simsbury Bank
- In October 2019, Liberty Bank completed its acquisition of The Simsbury Bank And Trust Company. The shareholders of Simsbury Bank received $51.32 per share.
- This story was covered by Middletown Press and Hartford Business. SPGlobal and Bloomberg had stories about the acquisition earlier in 2019.
Liberty Bank — Suit Drive
- Liberty Bank hosted its third annual suit drive for veterans from Connecticut in November 2019. The initiative is designed to assist veterans in transitioning back into civilian life. In 2018 more than 4,000 suits were collected.
- Media organizations covering the story included WTNH and Middletown Press.