Ball Corporation Competitors
Ardagh Corporation, Crown Holdings, and Silgan Holdings are competitors to the Ball Corporation. The four companies operate in the steel, aluminum, and glass manufacturing sector.
Information has been entered into the attached spreadsheet.
- Ball was founded in 1880 as a public company. They are a supplier of metal packaging for beverage, food, and household products, along with aerospace and other technologies
- They have had one funding round in 2019 for $2.6 billion.
- They have 7 acquisitions: Rexam PLC, Envases del Plata, Aerocan, Neuman Aluminum, Guangdong Jianlibao Group, Metal Packaging International, and Schmalbach-Lubeca AG. Their last acquisition, Rexam PLC, was in 2015.
- There are 3 sub-organizations: Rexam PLC, Latapack-Ball, and Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. 3
- Their main products include beverage cans, Alumi-Tek bottles, aluminum cups, aerosol cans, and slugs.
- Ardagh was founded in 1932 as a public company. They are a global supplier of metal and glass packaging solutions for various industries.
- They own a 42% interest in Trivium Packaging, a supplier of metal packaging.
- There have been 6 acquisitions: Boxal Group, Impress Metal Packaging, Finanziaria di Partecipazioni Industriali, Anchor Glass Container, Leone Industries, and Heye International.
- Ardagh produces glass packaging for beers, other spirits, and pharmaceuticals.
- They produce metal packaging for processed foods, dairy, beverages, paints, and coatings. They also have a R&D department for the development of new glass and metal designs.
- Crown Holdings was founded in 1892 as a public company.
- Formerly known as Crown Cork & Seal, they manufacture and sell packaging products and equipment for consumer and industrial products.
- They are the #1 producer of food cans and metal vacuum closures in the world.
- Crown has had 5 acquisitions: Signode Industrial, Empaque, Mivisa, Carnaudmetalbox Engineering, and Constar International.
- There is one sub-organization: Carnaudmetalbox Engineering.
- Crown produces steel and aluminum cans, glass bottles, metal vacuum closures, and steel crowns. They also offer packaging for industrial products.
- They have the following product categories: aerosol cans, beverage packaging, closures & capping, food cans, promotional packaging, and transit packaging.
- Silgan was founded in 1987 as a public company.
- They manufacture consumer goods packaging in three areas: metal containers, closures, and plastic containers.
- They work with Campbell's Soup, Del Monte, Listerine, and Friskies.
- They have acquired 35 businesses. The six most recent are Cobra Plastics, WestRock Dispensers, Rexam- Plastic Thermoformed Food, Vogel & Noot Holding, and Amcor- White Cap Closures.
- They have invested in Packtion. $53 million was invested in 2000.
- The metal container segment manufactures steel and aluminum containers for human and pet food along with general products. The closure segment manufactures metal composite and plastic closures for food and beverage.
- The plastics division manufactures and sells custom designed plastic closures and containers.