Baby Yoda Search Statistics
Neither Google nor social media platforms typically release their raw search data, likely to make it more difficult for advertisers and others to easily game the system. However, in addition to being able to gauge relative popularity through Google Trends, a few details have made it into the public domain due to the amount of press attention Baby Yoda has garnered in recent months:
- "Disney Plus" was the top-trending overall search in the US, boosted by Baby Yoda's popularity. "Baby Yoda" topped the list of baby-related searches, beating out "Royal Baby" despite the hype associated with the latter.
- At its peak in April, "Royal Baby" still received only about 75% of the searches that "Baby Yoda" did in its peak in the first week of December.
- Baby Yoda has been trending down since its peak and currently receives less than half as many searches; interest in Disney Plus and The Mandalorian has similarly dropped off, though with a brief rise during the holiday season; we hypothesize that was due to people on vacation deciding to binge-watch the show.
- Utah proved to be the state with the most Google searches for Baby Yoda, followed by Rhode Island, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington state. The fewest searches came from Alabama, Hawaii, the District of Columbia, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi.
Social Media Popularity
- The average article about The Mandalorian received 1,671 social media interactions in November 2019, due almost entirely to Baby Yoda's popularity. All told, Baby Yoda saw 2.28 million social media interactions in his first month.
- For context, articles about Presidential hopeful, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, only got an average of 496 interactions each, just over a quarter as many, while Bloomberg and Patrick got only a tenth as many interactions.
- The #BabyYoda hashtag has been more enduring, though it has experienced a slow decline in popularity. Presently, it sees between 100 to 300 tweets an hour.
- However, the hashtag is virtually unused outside of the US.
- The most popular hashtags seen together with #BabyYoda are #StarWars, #Yoda, #Jedi, #starwarsfan, #love, #handmade, #cute, and #babymobile.