Millennials are the largest demographic. They do not respond to traditional marketing strategies. Paying attention to the visual aspect of a product and basing their purchasing decision on the opinions of others that have already purchased the item they are looking to purchase. Millennials are also more interested in quick, courteous customer service. They are looking into more of the purpose of a company than just the product, being price conscious without skimping on design, safety, and transparency.
SOCIAL COMMITMENTS PARTNERING WITH ORGANIZATIONS
- Millennial mothers are more likely to purchase from a company that devotes time and money to organizations that help others. One being Mission Bambini, they assist families with children in need of medical operations that are unable to afford the significant expense.
- Mission Bambini has helped over 1,300,000 children in over 72 countries.
- Millennial mothers tend to lean towards products that provide the most convenience in their daily life. Chicco's bassinets and car seats provide several solutions to avoid repeat purchases of similar products without sacrificing safety and comfort.
- 3 in 1 Convertible Car seats provide options for newborn babies and children to 65lbs.
- Lullaby Playard that includes a newborn lounger, bassinet, soft electronic mobile, and there are removable fabrics which help with ease of washing.
- Within the millennial mothers' group, fashionable accessories are preferred.
- These products are created in the fashion capital of the world, Milan.
- Chicco's products are available in fashion-forward color palettes.
- Social media is a large part of millennial culture. Mothers in this category look to social media to see new products and comments from other mothers.
- Instagram is a visual tool, shows mothers what they could have, inciting a need to purchase a specific product.
- Facebook provides a platform for millennial mothers to discuss products and share reviews.
MILLENNIAL WORKING MOTHERS
- Millennial mothers make up 46% of their demographic, therefore providing income towards purchasing of these items for their families.
- 71 % Millennial working women are more likely to have stable incomes outside of the income of the household.
- Being that these mothers have income, they are the significant deciding factor when it comes to purchasing items for their families.