B2B Sales Enablement
A review of Highspot, Outreach, Seismic, Showpad and MindTickle has been provided below.
- Highspot provides end-to-end sales enablement for businesses via "content management, sales guidance and buyer engagement capabilities."
- The platform includes marketing and sales analytics, AI guided content, enterprise-scale security and many integrations, including with Slack, DropBox, Google Docs, Salesforce and more.
- Highspot's total funding amount as of December 2019 was $200 million. While no revenue could be found, it was found that the company has achieved "3,172 percent revenue growth between 2015 and 2018."
- Key clients include Twitter, Dun & Bradstreet, and Apptio. Other clients include TripAdvisor, Hootsuite, Fiserve and more.
- The key competitive advantage for Highspot is their SmartPage system which uses AI to provide "dynamic, mobile-ready guidance alongside content for everyone involved in the business-to-business purchase process. SmartPages enable successful customer engagements and personalized experiences across a wide range of use cases."
- Outreach is a sales enablement software that helps teams organize sales sequences, improve multi-channel communication, and provide personalized messaging for clients. The solution includes insights for managers on team performance, and sales analytics.
- For account-based sales, Outreach allows for account engagement status, persona-based sequences, and account based sales. For outbound sales, the product provides centralized prospecting, automated and personalized email campaigns, and integrated sales intelligence. For inbound sales, Outreach provides automated inbound lead handling, customizable lead workflows, and integration with other CRM and marketing products. For closing sales, Outreach allows for easy meeting scheduling and follow-up, opportunity engagement and management, and voice, email, text and social media outreach. To help retain sales, Outreach provides onboarding and adoption sequences, campaigns triggered by risk factors, automated renewal campaigns, and expansion opportunity alerts. Lastly, Outbound can help with recruiting via candidate management and personalized email campaigns.
- Forbes estimated the revenue of Outreach to be $70 million as of January 2020. This is an increase from $38 million the year prior, showing that the product is seeing massive growth.
- Notable clients include DocuSign, Eventbrite, Adobe, Glassdoor and Microsoft.
- Outreach is chosen by clients because of its usability; users report that it is simple to learn and requires very little technical knowledge. The product also supports many integrations, including with Salesforce and Gmail. Lastly, Outreach provides a "robust call solution" with their Voice Suite application.
- Seismic is "the leading global sales and marketing enablement solution" focusing on enterprise-scale sales enablement. Seismic allows corporations to "increase sales productivity through the automatic distribution of relevant information and personalized content to reps for any buyer interaction. Powerful content controls and visibility into usage ensures brand integrity and reduces risk. Seismic's machine learning and analytics capabilities continuously improves the entire enablement process for large enterprises, increasing the ROI of sales content and tying it directly to revenue."
- For marketing teams, Seismic allows for content marketing, automation, distribution, compliance, and sales content analytics. For sales enablement teams, Seismic provides administration, content delivery, training, communication tools, and enablement analytics. For sales teams, Seismic has tools to increase findability, collaboration, personalization, engagement and to utilize sales analytics. Lastly, for channel marketing, Seismic helps with creation, distribution, findability, training and channel sales analytics.
- The estimated annual revenue of Seismic is $120.2 million per year.
- Seismic is used by companies such as IBM, Cisco, Wayfair, American Express, Allianz, and others.
- Seismic's competitive advantage is their focus on personalization and storytelling in the selling experience.
- Showpad is a sales enablement platform that helps sales people manage their content, including presentations, white papers, use cases, and others. Showpad also incorporates artificial intelligence to suggest the right content for a particular sales effort.
- Showpad offers two different solutions — Showpad Content and Showpad Coach. Showpad Content allows for content management, content distribution, AI-driven content recommendations, personalized content and content design, and analytics. Showpad Coach provides onboarding, training, and coaching to salespeople.
- In 2018, the last year for which an estimate was available, Showpad had an estimated revenue of $30 million.
- Top clients include Looker, Xerox, Sitecore, GE Healthcare, Coca-Cola, Smuckers, and more.
- Showpad's competitive advantages include the ease of use, their focus on providing smart content insights with "intelligent sales content powered by machine learning," and the fast setup and deployment time.
- MindTickle provides sales readiness solutions for enterprise-level companies through sales team onboarding, coaching, collaboration, and by hosting online sales events.
- Major features include data-driven sales intelligence, onboarding complete with gammification, social and micro-learning, data-driven coaching, tools to maximize partner and channel relationships, and the ability to host online sales events. The platform also provides user management tools like user directories, automated workflows, team management, and program management tools like content creation and program tracking.
- MindTickle has an estimated annual revenue of $58.7 million per year.
- Top clients include Unum, Cloudera, Qualtrics, Veracyte and SecureAuth, among others.
- MindTickle's competitive advantage is their focus on training tools to increase the effectiveness of sales teams.
Experience Selling: The Future of B2B Sales
- "Experience Selling: The Future of B2B Sales" was published in November 2019 by Deloitte Digital.
- The article focuses on how sales organizations can align with shifting B2B customer demands, like the desire for personalized information, the need for speedy communications and connections, and a focus on delivering value instead of fixing problems.
- Organizations that are correctly responding to these shifting demands are those that refocusing the buying journey on customer experience, using digital and customer-facing roles to drive selling motions, emphasizing the seller experience, providing actionable sales and customer analytics to sales teams, and modernizing sales operations functions.
- Those sellers leading the pack were those with more sales enablement tools, with close to 20 unique tools per company, as compared to only 11 unique tools for those lagging behind.
Marketing & Sales Digital Sales & Analytics: Driving above-market growth in B2B
- "Marketing & Sales Digital Sales & Analytics: Driving above-market growth in B2B" was published by McKinsey & Co in May 2018.
- The article focuses on how B2B sales teams have embedded digital products into their go-to-market and sales journey.
- The article also touches on how "advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning are reinventing sales operations and the ability of the sales organization to target, predict, and prioritize customers and interactions."
- Sales teams must balance the use of digital tools with human interaction in order to provide speed, transparency, and expertise to sales journeys.
Forrester Releases Five Surprising Predictions For B2B Marketers In 2020
- "Forrester Releases Five Surprising Predictions For B2B Marketers In 2020" this article, published by Forbes in October 2019, summarizes five predictions for B2B marketers published by Forrester (which is only available for download after contacting the company).
- They predict that organizations will shift to organizing around customer journeys and that the focus will also shift to realizing the role and value partner organizations play in the customer experience.
- Focusing on sales enablement, Forrester predicts that sales enablement will become "a marketing responsibility for a majority of firms."
- Lastly, they predict that even more transactions will close digitally but that seller engagement will increase and that "CDPs’ value will shift from data integration to activation for half of early adopters."
Five Best Practices For B2B Sales Enablement
- "Five Best Practices For B2B Sales Enablement" was published by Michael Caccavale, CEO of Pluris Marketing, in Forbes in February 2018.
- The five practices they describe are "train and coach", "leverage marketing content," "strategize and execute," "hire the right people," and "embrace technology."
- The article focuses on ways in which sales and marketing teams can work together to improve the customer journey.
- In terms of technology solutions, they recommend focusing on the products that are easy for team members to use and that can be used on a daily basis.
Succeeding with Sales Enablement: Definition, Tools, and Strategies
- "Succeeding with Sales Enablement: Definition, Tools, and Strategies" was published by LinkedIn in October 2019.
- This article focuses on providing a definition for Sales Enablement and discussing how companies can choose the correct sales enablement platform.
- They define sales enablement as "equipping your sales team with strategic resources it needs to excel, from tools to technology to content and beyond."
- The article provides reviews of the following sales enablement software: SalesLoft, Yesware, Outreach, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, HubSpot and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.