Instagram Competitive Audit
Ten examples of content from national companies that have a strong presence on Instagram in the United States featuring announcements of corporate awards on Instagram are posts from Microsoft Advertising, PPG, Beachbody, Apartment Therapy, Aquatica Orlando, Morey's Piers, 5W Public Relations, Mintly, Coffeebar, and Mendx Studios.
- Microsoft Advertising has 7,108 followers on Instagram.
- On October 10, 2019, Microsoft Advertising announced on Instagram that one of its employees, Purna Virji, had won the "US Search Personality of the Year" award at the US Search Awards ceremony.
- The Instagram post featured three photos. The first photo was of the winner with the presenters and the podium. The podium and a banner behind the recipient featured the US 2019 Search Awards logo and tagline, "We Are Search."
- The second photo was of the winner receiving her tiara from the presenters, along with the audience standing and clapping.
- A third photo was of the actual award.
- PPG has 15,300 followers on Instagram.
- On September 18, 2019, PPG announced on Instagram that a team of PPG automotive OEM coatings scientists had won the "American Chemical Society (ACS) 2019 Heroes of Chemistry Award for the discovery and development of the B1:B2™ Compact Paint System."
- The Instagram post featured a photo of six people in front of a Heroes of Chemistry banner with five of them holding their awards.
- Beachbody has 924,000 followers on Instagram.
- On July 13, 2019, Beachbody announced on Instagram that one of its employees, Tony Shorton, had received the Beachbody Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The Instagram post featured a picture of who is presumed to be Tony Shorton and the two presenters on a stage with a band behind them. The text "Lifetime Achievement Award" is printed over the photo.
- Apartment Therapy has 2.4 million followers on Instagram.
- On April 23, 2019, Apartment Therapy announced on Instagram that it had won the "2019 People's Voice Award for Best Social, Lifestyle" Webby Award.
- The Instagram post was a GIF that said "We're Webby Winners! Thank You For Your Votes" in alternating pink and red letters and confetti.
- Aquatica Orlando has 46,500 followers on Instagram.
- On September 12, 2018, Aquatica Orlando announced on Instagram that its "newest ride, Ray Rush, was named the Best New Ride of 2018 — Water Park by Amusement Today."
- The Instagram post featured a picture of three guests on the Ray Rush ride.
- Morey's Piers has 25,100 followers on Instagram.
- On September 9, 2019, Morey's Piers announced on Instagram that it had been named the 2019 Park of the Year by Amusement Today.
- The Instagram post featured a photo of several rides in the park, along with various guests appearing to have fun at the park. There is also a picture of a Golden Ticket Award from Amusement Today with the words "Publisher's Pick Park of the Year 2019" printed on it.
- On the photo, Morey's Piers printed the text "Morey's Piers would like to thank Amusement Today for honoring us with Park of the Year and we congratulate this year's Golden Ticket Winners. Cheers to Fifty Years!"
5W Public Relations
- 5W Public Relations has 5,245 followers on Instagram.
- On May 2, 2019, 5W Public Relations announced that its CEO and founder Ronn Torossian won the Entrepreneur of the Year in the Advertising, Marketing, and Public Relations Stevies Award.
- The Instagram post featured a photo of who is assumed to be Ronn Torossian seated on a bench with the 2019 Stevies Award logo printed to his right.
- Mintly has 7,959 followers on Instagram.
- On January 16, 2020, Mintly announced on Instagram that it was a finalist for a Sales & Customer Service Stevies Award.
- The Instagram post featured a picture of the 2020 Stevies Awards finalist logo with the words "2020 Finalist for Sales & Customer Service." Above the logo is printed "Mintly is among the Stevie Award Finalists. Thank you users for your trust and support. All text and images are on a mint green background topped with confetti.
- Coffeebar has 26,500 followers on Instagram.
- On July 1, 2019, Coffeebar announced on Instagram that it had won a National ADDY Award for its coffee bag packaging campaign.
- The Instagram post featured Leah Chew, the company's creative director, posed with packages of Coffeebar coffee with three American Advertising Awards She has her hands around a cup of coffee in an American Advertising Awards cup.
- Mendx Studios has 7,583 followers on Instagram.
- On May 7, 2019, Mendx Studios announced on Instagram that it has won three awards from the American Advertising Federation — 4th District.
- The Instagram post featured a photo of three members of the Mendx Studios team with its three AAF awards with the AAF banner behind them.
To identify 10 examples of content from national companies that have a strong presence on Instagram in the United States that feature announcements of corporate awards on Instagram, we used the hashtag search feature on Instagram to identify posts from companies that have at least 5,000 followers. We were unable to find Fortune 500 companies that have made such announcements on Instagram, but were able to find 10 U.S. companies that announced the industry awards they have won on their Instagram pages.