Award-Winning Ad Campaigns - Food
Video ad content is an often used format for food brands. Below you'll find a list of ten creative examples of award-winning video ads from food brands.
- Heinz Ketchup brand had an award-winning video ad that was featured in the 2020 Super Bowl.
- The ad, which featured musician Ed Sheeran won a Music Week Award after being featured during the TV event.
- The ad was conceived of and went viral after the singer sent a direct message to the brand about his love for the sauce. Sheehan has the Heinz Ketchup logo tattooed on his arm and is featured putting it on a fancy meal in the ad.
Hershey's Time Square
- Hershey's brand won Best Advertising Integrated Ad Campaign in the annual Internet Advertising Competition (IAC) Awards for their 2020 video advertisement.
- The ad was integrated onto multiple advertising platforms including social media, website, and TV.
- The ad features the brand's Chocolate World and ways consumers are using the products.
- Beechnut won an award for their Turn the Labels Around videos of 2018.
- The ad series empowered moms, by encouraging viewers to not stereotype, and "rethink all labels".
- The brand was awarded the Best Food Industry Online Video by the annual Internet Advertising Competition (IAC) Awards.
- In 2017, Atomic Candy won an award for their quirky video advertisement titled The Shed.
- The brand received the annual Internet Advertising Competition Award for Outstanding Achievement in Internet Advertising.
- Marketing site Crews Control deemed Blue Apron's one of the Best Food & Beverage marketing videos of the year.
- The brand's short clip focused on cooking and food preparation in different home environments.
- The video message was “this can happen any night of the week,” in order to encourage consumers to realize that Blue Apron is not just for special occasions.
- Coca Cola received recognition for their animated video advertisement which aired during the Super Bowl.
- The video used innovative motion graphics and was praised for its design and color choices.
- Whole Foods also received acclaim for their video ad series "Whatever makes you whole".
- The ads were all within a 15-second window and featured relatable characters in a grocery store, to build emotional familiarity and brand trust.
- The videos were featured on social media, with one ad receiving over 6 million views.
- Oreo also was featured for a series of engaging short video ads in 2020, each one under ten seconds.
- The ad series, "Short and Snappy," uses eye-catching examples of various situations for consuming their brand's "bite-sized fun".
- Knorr's "Engaged and Involved" video campaign features interactive video that allows viewers to navigate story lines and menus.
- The brand received recognition for their innovative video style, which engages consumers by customizing video content to suggest appropriate flavor profiles to viewers.
- Plant-based milk brand Silk received praise for their fast-paced video ads featuring well-known DJ Khaled.
- The ad series, "Do Plants", features Khaled chugging the drink and then shows various ways Silk's products can be used.
- The video was part of a larger strategy to use celebrity endorsement to reach more consumers, with the brand also partnering with athlete Venus Williams.
While there were limited sources listing the exact length of award-winning video ads in seconds, as requested, we've instead featured short length award-winning ads that are likely to be between 6 and 15 seconds, and also focused on including those that deliver the message of taste, the joy of home cooking, or harmony in the kitchen, pulling from a variety of sources, including ad award agencies and industry experts.