Average Man Hours (4)
Research has been completed to provide the average annual wage for workers at Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Tesla in Column H of the attached spreadsheet.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics does not provide data specific to occupation and state prior to 2012.
- Average annual earnings are noted for each company based upon the state in which the headquarters for each is located. Apple, Google, Facebook, and Tesla are headquartered in California; Amazon is headquartered in Washington (state).
- Annual wage data prior to 2011 has been provided based on the average hourly rate per state determined in a companion project on Wages. The complete spreadsheet for that project can be viewed here for reference.
- For the years 2012-2018, the average annual salary for workers in the Information and Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services Industry with the occupation designation of Computer & Mathematics has been provided as the proxy agreed upon.
- 2019 data has not been released by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. It is anticipated that 2019 figures will be available in late March.