Average Hourly Wages - 1950
Detail of the United States average hourly wages by state for 1950 have been provided in the attached spreadsheet. Of these states, Oregon led with an average hourly wage of $1.79 while Mississippi had the least average hourly wage of $0.97. Below are some highlights on these states.
1950 Average Hourly Wage Highlights
- Average hourly wages for the following states were not available for 1950: Alaska, Hawaii, Colorado, Kentucky, Missouri, North Dakota, Ohio and West Virginia.
- In 1950, the state of Michigan had an average hourly wage of $1.72.
- Wyoming had an average hourly wage of $1.74 in 1950.
- In 1950, the average hourly wage in Arkansas was $1.02.
- The average hourly wage in Georgia was $1.08 in 1950.
To determine the 1950 average hourly wages of the various states, your research team leveraged statistics from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics.