Average Cost Per Hour to Clients - Web and App Design
In looking in the Dallas Fort Worth area for web and app development and UI/UX design, we found that there were several firms that provide these services. Many of the services overlap each other and the companies offer all the services. We have located the Dallas Fort Worth market and identified both firms and/or freelancers in the area that provided each of the services. The attached document includes the pricing information that was publicly available.
IOS and Android APP DEVELOPMENT
According to researchers, app development regardless of the platform is an expensive endeavor as you pay per platform. An article in Savvy broke down the costs for app development. It stated that a version 1 app can cost anywhere from $140,000 to $210,000.
We further researched and identified 5 top mobile app developers in the Dallas area. While most of them do not publish pricing on their websites, we did identify pricing from two of them. One indicated about needing a $5,000 monthly budget and the other indicated a $25,000 minimum to build an app.
1) Seven Tablets- They typically work with generalists and minimum monthly budget is about $5,000. They also provide services for web and app UI/UX design.
2) Five Pack Creative- They typically work with generalists of small local e-commerce businesses. App costs range in the $25K and up range.
3) Semaphore Mobile LLC- Typically work with generalists in mobile app development for several different platforms. They provide web UI/UX design, Web development, app UI/UX design, and both Android and IOS app development.
Seven Tablets does UX/IX design, web development and app creation on all platforms. Seven Tablets does not state pricing but advise potential customers that cost is based on the following:
1) Size of the App
2) Number of hours required to build the app
3) Customized features and functions
4) Amount of testing and changes required
5) User-friendly environment changes
If an open source platform is used, this can reduce costs by about 30-40%. When developing apps, Seven Tablets indicates that you should set aside 20% of the app costs for yearly maintenance of the app.
FIVE PACK CREATIVE
Five Pack Creative is an app development company. The website states that it will cost a minimum of $25,000 for app development no matter which operating system you use. While they state the minimum, they anticipate that most first edition apps cost anywhere from $40,000-$100,000 per operating system and the more features required, the more expensive the app gets.
SEMAPHORE MOBILE LLC
Semaphore Mobile LLC provides services in all the categories listed in web UI/UX design, Web development, app UI/UX design, and both Android and IOS app development. Unfortunately, pricing is publicly unavailable for the company without requesting a quote.
Interaria provides both web and mobile app development as well as UI/UX design. Unfortunately, pricing is publicly unavailable for the company with requesting information directly from the company.
Copper Mobile provides services for app development and app UI/UX design. Unfortunately, pricing was not publicly available for the company without contacting them. According to Copper Mobile CEO, sales apps typically cost between $50,000 and $150,000 to develop.
WEB and APP UI/UX DESIGN
Since many companies do both web and app UI/UX design we have included them together and have identified top firms and freelancers in this area. Upwork did provide an article on UI/UX design and broke down how the costs are figured. It indicated that there are three factors involved and these are the scope of the project, storyboard and personas, and the amount of user testing that is required. Of course, each of these comes with a price. General UX design is about $25-$75 per hour (and higher costs as you will see in looking at firm data provided below), wireframing is $30-$60 per hour, user research is $25-$65 per hour, and storyboard/personas is $30-$70 per hour.
We located the top UX design companies in the Dallas area and the costs associated with each of them.
1) Sergio Ortiz
2) Bridgette Bryant
3) Joe Morrow
4) Majdi Rajab
5) Alexander Russell
Unfortunately, pricing for the freelancers is not publicly available without requesting a quote.
We located several firms in the Dallas area that do web development and those are:
1) PixelCutLabs: $1,250-$10,000 depending on the depth of the website and the number of pages required. They also build web apps that start at $10,000.
2) Thrive- The company provides web design and development services. It is listed at $1000-$2000 per month for web design and development. Specific pricing was not publicly available on the company website.
3) WebPageFX- The company does both website design and development and UI/UX design. The monthly costs range from $1000-$2000 for minimal web page development.
4) Digitech Web Design- The company does web design and costs vary from $2000-$5000 monthly. Specific pricing was not publicly available on the company website.
5) New Media- The company provides web design services and has charges of $250-$500 monthly. Specific pricing was not publicly available on the company website.
In summary, while we have provided a great deal of information and specific companies that provide services in each of the areas, many of the firms and freelancers did not list rates without contacting them for detailed quotes. We did, however, provide you with general information on pricing in the Dallas Fort Worth area. The app development costs ranged anywhere from $10,000-$150,000 depending on the features required for the apps. Both web and app UI/UX design varies from $25 per hour to $199 per hour depending on the firm providing the services. Web developments costs ranged from the $250-$5000 per month range or in one case, the cost varied from $1,250 to $10,000 for PixelCutLabs depending on the number of pages and details required. The attached document also includes pricing information for each of the categories.