Autonomous Transportation Company Leaders
The top leading companies in the Autonomous transportation industry are Waymo, General Motors, Daimler, and Aptiv. Waymo is expected to have a revenue of approximately $10 million by 2025. Conversely, GM is valued at $19 billion.
- Waymo started as Google's self-driving car project in 2009.
- The company's revenue is expected to reach $10 million by 2025.
- Top partners of the company include Jaguar, Fiat, Honda, and Lyft.
- Waymo has covered over 10 billion miles in simulations and more than 10 million actual road miles.
- Waymo was recently allowed by the California Public Utilities Commission to take part in the state’s Autonomous Vehicle Passenger Service pilot.
- The company is valued at over $100 billion.
GENERAL MOTORS — CRUISE AUTOMATION
- GM acquired Cruise Automation in 2016 for $1 billion, which marked the commencement of its self-driving efforts.
- The company has a valuation of $19 billion.
- GM has an annual budget of $1 billion and $3.35 billion in cash investments.
- The company's key partner is SoftBank, which plans to invest $2.25 billion in GM'S Cruise Automation.
- GM's Cruise Automation recently postponed its launch to beyond 2019 because additional testing of the vehicles was required.
- Daimler is headquartered in Stuttgart, Germany and has an annual budget of $900 million.
- Daimler recently recorded a loss of $1.74 billion in the second quarter of 2019.
- The company's goal is to launch a passenger service solution that is shared, autonomous, and electric.
- Daimler expects large-scale commercial production to take off between 2020 and 2025.
- Aptiv PLC is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.
- Key partners of the company include Mobileye, Renault-Nissan, BMW Group, Intel, and Lyft.
- Aptiv introduced 30 autonomous vehicles in the Las Vegas Lyft network.
- Aptiv recorded $14.4 billion in revenue in 2018, which was a 10% increase from 2017.
- The company has been testing ride-hailing services in Singapore since 2016 and will have them operational in 2021.
To compile a list of leading companies in the autonomous transportation industry, we first looked for the top-rated and top-ranked companies on media platforms such as Forbes and Bloomberg. We used these lists to select the top companies by looking at their financial position, future projections, partners, strategy, and annual budget. It is noteworthy that the revenue of these companies were not publicly available. The companies selected are deemed to have the highest levels of valuation, stability and safety.