Autonomous Piece Picking Robots 5
Information for the companies Ambidextrous AI, Fizyr, and Kindred AI has been added in rows 4-10, columns O-Q of the attached spreadsheet. Ambidextrous AI was only founded in 2018 and has demonstrated to have a bright future evident in about ten groups has reached out to the team about being interested in their work. Also, the team presented their breakthrough to Amazon in 2018.
AUTONOMOUS PIECE PICKING ROBOTS 5
- Company Strategy
- The company strategy is to develop a proprietary robot grasping software that will equip robots with the capacity to grasp almost any object without training for the benefit of warehouse order fulfillment.
- One major strength of the machine is its dexterous picking up ability.
- On observation, the robot was seen to clear bins containing about 25 previously hidden "objects at a rate of over 300 picks per hour with 95 percent reliability."
- From the analysis of the performance video, it is evident that the project is still in its early/testing stage and much work is yet to be done to bring it up to speed in terms of readiness to function in a warehouse.
- Market Outlook
- Ambidextrous AI has experienced rapid growth since its founding just a year ago having developed its product from the first version to the fourth version and also, having attracted the attention of pioneers in the field of robotics such as Amazon in 2018.
- Fizyr claims to be the #1 in vision software for order picking and parcel handling.
- According to the company's LinkedIn page, their software is capable of detecting the material made of an object to be picked.
- The company integrates advanced vision software into robotic systems to handle different shapes, sizes, and colors of objects and makes autonomous piece picking robot that operates in varying industries such as retail, grocery, pharmacy, health and beauty fashion.
- Market outlook
- "Vanderlande's CTO, Vincent Kwaks, is excited about the future of this dynamic sector. In his words, deep learning is changing our landscape over the last years, and multiple applications will benefit from these techniques. That's why we're delighted to be partnering with Fizyr to explore the potential for our robotics solutions and maybe other automation domains."
- Robotics Business Review listed Kindred as one of the top 50 leading robotics company.
- Kindred robotics comes with an AutoGrasp™ technology that enables it sorts a variety of items quickly and skillfully.
- The main objective of Kindred is to create a future where intelligent machines can solve valuable real-world problems.
- Michelle Kim, Director of Marketing, Kindred, stated that the company is helping her customers to meet demand and create a dynamic workforce that joins automation with human skills.
- A significant strength of the robot is its ability to works side by side with staff to quickly and accurately sort items into individual customer needs.
- The company has developed the first autonomous robot that is currently in commercial operation at Gao, Inc, e-commerce leaders, and other similar global retailers.
- "The robots arrive pre-trained and adapt to each center's unique processes, with algorithms that improve performance over time."
- Its fleets of autonomous picking robots have completed 15 million picks.
- A constructive analysis of the video of the machine in operation shows a limited degree of motion as the machine operates within a given radius.
- Market outlook
- According to the Senior Vice President of GAP Global Fulfillment Logistics, Kindred smart robots provide them with the needed flexible automation solution to quickly and efficiently process their online orders.
- In May 2019, the company joined The Manhattan Automation Network, a program targeted towards speeding up "development and implementation of modern distribution center automation and robotics."
- Since its inception in 2014, Kindred has raised the sum of $44 million in funding over two rounds.
To answer this request, your research team carried out a thorough search of the companies' website in order to find information regarding the objectives, strength, weakness, strategy, market outlook and an overview of the companies in context. To achieve this, the team looked at some key segment of the companies' site such as about us, news, press releases, products, research, and piece picking section from which they leveraged on the key information found to fill the attached spreadsheet. Next, they looked up the company profile on trusted business directory sites such as Crunchbase and was able to find additional information on the companies' objectives and key functions.